PDA

View Full Version : The New 480 x 640 Music Skin

Beamer
March 16th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Hey Ben

Thanks for the GREAT new Music Skin, very cool. What tools would I need to rework it slightly? ( I don't think Paint Shop Pro is going to hack it) I would like to remove the equaliser and use the button for another purpose, I would also like to extend the scheme to other control pages if possible but settle for just removing the equaliser stuff meanwhile ;)

Anyway great job, about time the rest of the guys had some competition ;)

Cheers

Chris

Jlee
March 16th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Until the new NR Designer is released you'll need to use Tonto to edit the CCF. You can get it from the suite installer. You'll still need Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop to create / resize / change etc any graphics you put in the CCF but you must use Tonto to edit the CCF.

Beamer
March 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Until the new NR Designer is released you'll need to use Tonto to edit the CCF. You can get it from the suite installer. You'll still need Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop to create / resize / change etc any graphics you put in the CCF but you must use Tonto to edit the CCF.

Thanks Lee, I was hoping that there was a more sophisticated package for developing the artwork. As you may be aware I have already converted / changed some of your excellent skins for 480 x 640 usage. Been using Tonto for a couple of years now so pretty familiar with that part of the equation.

Keep up your excellent work, I have been using your skins and now with Dans excellent weather offerings for a while now, simply cutting and pasting with excellent results. I just wish I could come up with something original ;)

If Ben has indeed used photo shop or paint shop pro to make the graphics, I take my hat off to him.

Thanks again for the education over the last six months. Keep up the excellent work.

BTW I have now completed a 480 x 640 skin incorporating a large proportion of your graphics along with Dan's weather stuff for people that only have PPC's with higher res screens. If anyone is interested I would be happy to upload it.

Promixis
March 16th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Please do upload it. Its always great to see what other people are doing.

Jlee
March 16th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks Beamer. As much as I'd like to take all the credit for OpusNR and my own CCF I can only take credit for some of the design and functions (even some of that was stolen from others). The actual artwork was done by Dragyn who replaced my buttons with better looking ones but kept my design if you know what I mean. So the credit goes mainly to Dragyn and the other people who I stole ideas off. That's not to say I'm not proud of it myself 'cos I am.

Thanks again, nice feedback is always appreciated.

Ben S
March 21st, 2005, 09:35 PM
Although I uploaded this interface, I am not the original graphic artist. I had the artist give me the individual pngs, and I created the interface.

Unfortunately Tonto has a bug where you cannot export 32 bit images, so you'd need to do screen captures in order to pull the images back out ( the new designer (not in public beta yet) has a better tool to do this.)

The tool the artist used was (I believe) FreeHand and then Photoshop. He'll be doing some other interfaces in the future, as well, so stay tuned!

Beamer
March 22nd, 2005, 03:29 AM
Although I uploaded this interface, I am not the original graphic artist. I had the artist give me the individual pngs, and I created the interface.

Unfortunately Tonto has a bug where you cannot export 32 bit images, so you'd need to do screen captures in order to pull the images back out ( the new designer (not in public beta yet) has a better tool to do this.)

The tool the artist used was (I believe) FreeHand and then Photoshop. He'll be doing some other interfaces in the future, as well, so stay tuned!

Thanks Ben

Now I understand why I am unable to export the graphics in Tonto.