PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get X10 to work

ricso
March 26th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Downloaded Girder, installed it, downloaded the X10 Pluggin and put it in the Pluggins folder. When I go to File Settings, click on Generic X10 and on Apply, I get a Windows Error Message asking me if I want to send an Error Report in or not and Girder shuts down. Any clues?? I really want to get this thing to work. I have an X10-11a interface plugged in to my serial port and a few modules spread around the house. I am seriously considering buying Girder, Net Remote Pro and Net Remote Music, if I can get these things to work.

Ric

Promixis
March 26th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Ric,

The generic x10 driver is for the remote.

Do you have the cm11a? If so, there is a plugin for that.

ricso
March 26th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I cannot find the pluggin for the CM11a. Would you send me the link, please?

Thanks

Promixis
March 26th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Hm, it seems to have gone missing... Let me check.

Treetop
March 27th, 2005, 01:24 PM
TT

Promixis
March 27th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks!

Treetop
March 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM
No worries.

ricso
March 27th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Downloaded and installed the pluggin. Created two commands (Bedroom On & Bedroom Off). Works fine when I select test command. Thanks for the help so far.

Now I am looking for a Girder for Dummies sort of tutorial. All I want to do for now is have the bedroom light go on and off at certain times (looking at the computer clock, for example), and to make sure it never turns on after a certain time (if it does because someone turns it on, Girder should turn it off).

Is this at alll possible and, any tips, examples, etc. for me to get started?

Thanks again!! I already believe this forum is very serious and that it works for sure!!

Regards.

Ric (all the way from São Paulo, Brazil)

Promixis
March 27th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Ric,

unless you have a 2 way x10 module, you won't know if the light is turned on or off locally.

download the alarmtimer plugin for have events done a certain times of the day.

ricso
March 28th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the help, Mike.

Why am I having such difficulty finding pluggins??

Ric

Treetop
April 5th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Speaking of which.

Does anyone have the mr26a serial ini file?

Just mentioned to another person that girder supported it, but its not listed on the hardware support page, nor in the downloads section, though it is mentioned in the forum as existing.

Promixis
April 5th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Its included with the serial download

Treetop
April 5th, 2005, 02:30 PM
hmm, I didn't see it listed.

There is one for the Cm17a (firecracker), the Powerlinc, and the X10 MouseRemote remote control (JR20A) and RF receiver (JR21A).

I take it that the Mouseremote.ini (JR21A) is the one to use for the MR26A?

I don't own this device to test.

Cheers,
Treetop

Treetop
April 7th, 2005, 01:16 AM
I take it that the Mouseremote.ini (JR21A) is the one to use for the MR26A?

Hmmm...

Should I take that as a yes?

The only reason I ask, is that I don't want to be out there telling others that it works......... if it doesn't.

I think a Home Automation "products supported list" would be a nice addition (with links to the plug-ins!)