PDA

View Full Version : How 2 make a PocketPC control Winamp & RS232-controlled

JoshM5
March 28th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Hello,

I am a newbie to automation (and Girder) and need some help with an application. I have heard that Girder can do what I am looking for, which is: Use my WiFi enabled PocketPC to be a "remote touchscreen" to control both Winamp which resides on my PC and also serve as a remote control to a Meridian surround processor, which in this application needs to be controlled via RS232. I am wondering how to make the touchscreen interface on the Pocket PC…can you have colored icons like people do with Crestron touchscreens and Philips Prontos? Will the PocketPC be able to intuitively change from Winamp contron on the PC to a control page for the Meridian preamp/control processor? I understand I may have to purchase a device such as a Global Cache GC-100 network adapter. What else do I need? Then I would like it to control my Tivo via IR, but the Tivo will be in a remote location (with the PC) so I will have to rely on the Pocket PC's WiFi to connect to the remote computer/Tivo location. I have the various RS232 commands from the manufacturer, but at this point I am new to all of this and do not know where to start. Can anyone please help?

Thank You,

Josh :

Promixis
March 28th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Josh,

Yes you can do it all with NR and G.

We are finishing up a new version of NR that does WinAMP.

The NR-G bridge will get you a link to your other devices. Once you get to specific implementation details, post again.