PDA

View Full Version : Help with GlobalCaché 100 and Pioneer Plasma -- RS232

winnienet
March 30th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Hi,

I plan to use my GC-100 and Netremote software to control my Pioneer Plasma PDP-435HDE. I would like to use the RS232 port and not use IR. I know i must send certain commands to port 4999 or 5000, but how do i program this in a CCF file? And how do i know what commands to send to the plasma? I am a newbie so don't even know how to speak to the plasma via RS232. Please help me out?!
Is there standard software to read out the commands or to see what happens when u send certain commands?

As u can see a lot of questions...
please help me out?! :)

GreetZ Winnie

Wilhelm
March 30th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Hi Winnie,

I only see a connector that could be RS232 on the back panel, but it's labeled "service only". Are you sure there is any possibility to use it for normal operations?

Rob H
March 30th, 2005, 10:44 AM
It should be possible - it certainly is for the 503MXE :-

Pioneer 503MXE RS-232 codes (http://pioneer-customerrelations.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/pioneer.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=IfRme3Bh&p_tbl=9&p_id=157&p_created=1026483801)

winnienet
April 4th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Hi Winnie,

I only see a connector that could be RS232 on the back panel, but it's labeled "service only". Are you sure there is any possibility to use it for normal operations?

That's right, it does say 'service only', but maybe it still is possible. Most customers won't use it for normal operations. I'd like to give it a try.
However, like i said, i don't know how...

GreetZ

Wilhelm
April 4th, 2005, 09:36 AM
If that is still all you can say after Rob provided you with the manual for the other Pioneer TV I think you should better stick with the IR.

Cheers

winnienet
April 8th, 2005, 02:08 AM
If that is still all you can say after Rob provided you with the manual for the other Pioneer TV I think you should better stick with the IR.

Cheers

Well, first of all, the link doesn't work?! (how can i get to the file?)
Second, is there any information availiable for dummies (like me) to start working with rs232?
I need some help here?
How can i test the communication link? How can i check that my reciever responds to commands?

Thanx for the needed help, in advance ;)

GreetZ Winnie

Rob H
April 8th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Looks like they moved it I'm afraid :(

jameswing
April 15th, 2005, 01:40 PM
winnienet,
I think you will need the generic plugin to do this. It doesn't come bundled with the current version anymore. I got Ben to send it to me, but I could never find any documentation on how to use it. I have temporarily given up and started monkeying with Lua to open a socket and send commands to the GC. The GC is strictly single-threaded, and they do not have a proper implementation of TCP/IP, so it is proving difficult to work with.

I'll post some Lua samples soon that might help you to just write a Lua function to send the commands to GC. (gotta figure out how to use the old Lua sockets). If you want to start that process on your own, check out recent posts by marcel and look in his lua files for examples.

I'm working on the same thing with my Fujitsu plasma and GC. I had to write a letter to Fujitsu and sign a non-disclosure agreement to get them to send me the RS-232 commands. So, that would be a good place to start. :D

--Jim