PDA

View Full Version : Compact Flash RF Card for PPC

Jeffer
April 2nd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Let me start off with this..
Promixis guys I have never heard of you ever before. There are many other all in one remotes controllers out there for the PPC market and for the most part they all do the same old same old.
But for the very first time you’ve done something much different and way better then anything I've seen to date. Like many of us on the internet we scour to find something new and fresh and trust me for the past year I haven't seen anything that blew my socks off. BIG Yawn. Until today!!
Today is the first time that I gave Promixis a shot and yes I did go for the most expensive product that you sell, but no I didn't buy it just yet! The Free demo is what got you into my Door!! Now having tried both Net Grinder and NetRemote I almost fell off my computer chair " & yes my wife did witness my reaction!! " She said I looked like a kid who was very excited for Christmas and yes Promixis could very well be my Santa!! But with only one catch!
That one catch you may ask is the whole reason why I'm writing and why it’s under Other Devices forum column instead of the OMG this program is AWESOME Column.
MY question is this and yes it’s under the Subject “Does your products accommodate for a Compact Flash RF Card?” The reason why I ask is because I own a Dell Axim 50V and as many of you know the RF unit on it isn't very good for sending signals anything further then 5 - 8 feet away. I would like to buy a CF-RF for my Dell to keep it "My Dell” compact as much as possible. If you could please let me know if this is possible and how to make the CF-RF Card work with your awesome program. If you do happen to sell this type of hardware too please do let me know! If all works out I will have NO Problem spending money on your product and advertise it too all I know!!

Thanks again
Jeff D Sawlor
:D

Ben S
April 3rd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Wow - Thanks for the great words, Jeff.

When you say "The RF" on your dell and you need a "Compact Flash RF" card, do you actually mean IR?

Currently (unfortunately) we don't support any CF IR cards, but we'd like to.

Jeffer
April 3rd, 2005, 05:30 PM
Yes Ben my bad.
I did indeed mean IR. Many of the other Universal remote programs out there allow there users to add IR cards to boost the signal. I have read that some cards will allow a user to gain almost 50 feet distance from there TV's VCR's ECT ECT.
The other question I meant to ask as well is when we buy a license from Promixis does it give us life time upgrades so if or when you do add the support for CF IR cards someone like my self who is Sold on your product would be able to upgrade with out the extra expenses?

Jeff D Sawlor

Promixis
April 3rd, 2005, 09:42 PM
Hi Jeff,

Minor upgrades are free. Major updates will have an upgrade path.

I am surprised IR isn't good with the X50. I am getting about 15 feet.

How are you learning your codes?

Jeffer
April 4th, 2005, 04:45 AM
I've been using both downloaded ir codes and a recorded few that I did my self.
The Dell Axim 50v has been noted that its ir sender isn't the best for TV remote ect ect.
Has Promixis ever thought of having there users pay an extra 10$ or so for life time upgrades like Music Match does? Also to make note of I'm using your full blown Pro Demo and you guys put a lot of thought into this program. Only problem that I have found is some how I have a 3rd party program installed on my computer that isn't Promixis own its the J. River Media Center. This program works very well with NetRemote but you don't own J.R.M.C if you go out and buy Promixis full blown package at the cost of 50cnd now do you?
I want your program real bad but I have to be sure that I get the biggest bang for the buck. Nickle diming sucks for the most of us.

Thanks again for a wicked program like NetRemote and Girder.

Jeff

Promixis
April 4th, 2005, 09:09 AM
You can use Windows Media Player, iTunes and soon Winamp with NR.

Jeffer
April 4th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I've been reading up on this thanks Mike I am going to have to give MS Software a shot until more Cash comes my way.

But I do have one other question for you guys!!
Can Girder work via WIFI to control let just say X10 hardware or do I have to use an IR device to do this?
As you all ready know how cool it would be if you could turn on and off your light ECT ECT with in a WIFI
access around my home, & the possibly of doing it over the internet via some sort of access point with my PPC would be soo sweat!!

Thanks agian for all of your replys !!

Jeff D Sawlor

Promixis
April 4th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Yes you can do x10 or any other device girder can control via wifi.

Jeffer
April 4th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks agian Mike for your response!
From what I've seen so far Promixis software is the one stop wonder out there !!
But if you answer one other quesition can your software play music via wifi to my PPC ?