PDA

View Full Version : Plugin Request: Uknown/Known Remote?

qba
April 12th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I wonder if anybody recognizes this remote and has/could make some kind of plugin.
The picture talks for itself.
Currently only mouse and left/right mousebuttona long with numbers works.

What i want to work is the maximize, alt+tab, alt+f4 (x), start HTPC soft (the 9 squares),
Other top buttons should be prorgammable (or every one) to run executable/shortcut.

Mute = mute, record = record, eject =reject. fast forward is obvious along with next chapter. Last thing is that you should eb able to raise volume with left thing, and change channels (up/down) with right one. If in explorer, the right one should work like scroll.

Anybody willing?

Here is the picture.

http://qba.kalsonger.info/welltonway_mmc_remote.jpg

birty
April 12th, 2005, 05:23 PM
the reciever is more important, have you got a picture of that? which plugin are you using at the moment?

qba
April 13th, 2005, 12:12 PM
I have a small pic of the reciever. I do not know how where ot find the model number?
I ahve not used Girder before. I have reinstalled the computer as i didn't like the HTPC system it came with. Now i want it to be used with another app (meedio). Before i can do that I need to amike sure remote works. I don't knwo about plugions that you talk about?

Reciever is as follows (I can take pic if this ain't good enough):

http://www.welltonway.com/swedish/picts/analog.jpg

birty
April 13th, 2005, 03:33 PM
does the reciever plugin into the tv card? if so their website seems to indicate the card is a hauppauge pvr in which case this plugin should work http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=329

johanlunds
May 24th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Hope someone sees this...
I have the exactly the same remote, and also want to use it with Meedio. I guess you're from Sweden - hejsan.

I have some additional info, that the other guy forgot to mention:
1. The remote comes with a product called WelltonWay MMC, http://www.welltonway.com/.
2. No it's not connected to the tuner-card. It's connected to the PS2-ports, to the mouse- and keyboard inputs.
3. For me, it only worked fully functional in their own software, BUT after uninstalling the software it still responds to mouse movements and mouse clicks. It also responds to some basic buttons (lika Play etc.) using the Logitech iTouch drivers.
You see it works like this: You connect the receiver in to the computer, and the usual keyboard and mouse (in my case a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse) goes in to the reciever. That means you can use both the remote, keyboard and mouse at the same time.
4. In Zoomplayer it actually identifies the button "pressings", and gives a text like "code XX" where XX is two digits.
I can give you the codes, if there's someone that would be willing to help the community.

Can anyone help?
I have pictures on the remote and receiver (not available right now though) that I can post later.

//Johan, Sweden

birty
May 25th, 2005, 01:44 AM
try the mouse and keyboard plugins and see if girder recieves any events

johanlunds
May 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I will, but I think it sends additional codes except the keyboard and mouse codes/movements.
That's why I wonder if someone that feels he got some spare time :roll: could write a plugin.

Cya!
//Johan

johanlunds
May 25th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Okay, I have tested the Keyboard plugin that comes with Girder, and guess what... It works!!!
It's proved that you was right and I was wrong. The truth is that I have never "played" around with Girder, I've just read guides until now.
As you might guess I'm a newbie.

So, in short terms: With the WelltonWay MMC Remote use the Keyboard plugin that comes with Girder.

Thanks a lot man, I owe you one. Sorry for taking up your time.
//Johan

qba
June 16th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I have a followup question. I have tried both KEybord and KEybordEX and foudn out that both plugins work. They get different codes, but both code sets work.

MY problem has, however, somewthing to do with the mute button.
If I disable girder, the mute button on the remote will still make windows mute tiself (small crossed icon @ volume thing in system tray).

How can i disable that muting, and make sure it only mutes through the girder preference. Ie. I don't want all apps to be muteable... And i want the TV app to mute the sound , not windows to mute it.

birty
June 16th, 2005, 04:24 PM
download the tweak ui power tool and set volume mute to no action under explorer, command keys

qba
June 26th, 2005, 10:08 AM
This did the trick, but I still have some problems with Dscaler.

If you look at the remote on the top post of this thread you will see the volume buttons and channel buttons. If i press the channel button, it will change the channel, but also move the X axis 0.05 to the left. It is an advanced function in dscaler which has its own hotkey. How do i check what key the remote control button symbolizes to then be able to ask on the dscaler forums how to disable that hoitkey (as i did in tweakui with mute)

Another thing is that every signal is sent dually. The IR reciever blinks twice every time I do something, which results in the fact that when I want to change to the next track of an album in my HTPC software, MEedio, it wont chagne to the enxt song, but skip 2 songs forward. I have tried with delay times with no affect at all. How can i solve that issue? Is the remote broken?