PDA

View Full Version : Prismiq Mediabridge interface

smacie
April 13th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I have a Prismiq and I am interested in using Netremote to control it. As I understand it there are three ways I could accomplish this:

1. Create a netremote plugin that talks to the Prismiq
2. Create a Mediabridge plugin that talks to the Prismiq
3. Create an interface that talks to the Prismiq and understands the Mediabridge protocol

I think that number 3 might be easiest for me, unless someone wants to set me straight.

I saw in an earlier thread that you were going to document the protocol but I have not been able to find it. Would it be possible to get some documentation on this?

Thanks,

Scott

Promixis
April 13th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Hi Scott, PM Ben S for the protocol. He will be able to help you with the best option.

Ben S
April 14th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Hi Scott,
The new version of the MediaBridge (2) is using .NET, so you can write a plugin in any .NET compatible language, whereas previously you would have to know C++.

I'd definitely prefer that you do # 2, in that it leaves you only to deal with the talking to the Prismiq, and ensures that if I change the protocol you will still work properly. My goal with moving to MediaBridge 2 is to enable changes to the protocol for performance and functionality enhancements, so the protocol is almost guaranteed to change.

smacie
April 14th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Ben,

Thanks for the response. I'm all for anything that makes this easier. I already have most of the prismiq side written so hopefully this will be pretty painless.

Is there documentation for MediaBridge 2 plugins?

Thanks,

Scott

Ben S
April 17th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Hi Scott,
There isn't a whole lot yet, as MediaBridge 2 has just been under beta for a few weeks.

Do you what language you'll be doing the development in? C#, VB.net, other? I might be able to get you some info faster, before I create the whole doc.

smacie
April 17th, 2005, 10:24 PM
It will probably be VB.net. My code so far that talks to the prismiq is in VB 6.0.

It looks like it is time for me to upgrade. :)

Anything you could provide would be great.

Thanks,

Scott