PDA

View Full Version : Axim x50v and NetRemote Pro

TonySelf
April 16th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Have just installed the trial version of NetRemote Pro on my new Axim x50v.

When I start NetRemote on the Axim I am getting the errror "Can't create Consumer IR device CIR1: File CIR.DLL is missing. Please reinstall the Consumer IR package. You find this at www.WinCESoft.de"

I have had a look at this site but can't find the Consumer IR package. All I can see is Remote Control II.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Has NetRemote overwritten the Consumer IR package that was on my Axim? Have I got to buy Remote Control II to get NetRemote to work?

Promixis
April 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
NR includes everything you need for IR.

Were there any errrors during the install?

Maybe you need to soft reset your device and then start NR.

danward79
April 16th, 2005, 09:20 AM
If Mike's suggestion does not work, softreset uninstall, softreset re-install, that should avoid errors of "file in use" when the installer writes the cir.dll

mistertrybe
May 2nd, 2005, 01:43 AM
Mike, Anyone, Everyone, HELP!

I'm getting the "Can't create Consumer IR device CIR1" error.

I've just upgraded my x50v to the new ROM. The last ROM had a conflict with the IR whenever bluetooth was turned on. I would have to reset the axim with the bluetooth off, run netremote, then turn the bluetooth back on.

With the new ROM I've tried this and still, "Can't create...." I've un-installed and reinstalled about 5 times so far. Any other suggestions?? I'm not by any means a programmer, so hopefully there is another easy possibility.

Thank you for ANY suggestions!

fwt
May 2nd, 2005, 12:28 PM
Mike, Anyone, Everyone, HELP!

I'm getting the "Can't create Consumer IR device CIR1" error.

I've just upgraded my x50v to the new ROM. The last ROM had a conflict with the IR whenever bluetooth was turned on. I would have to reset the axim with the bluetooth off, run netremote, then turn the bluetooth back on.

With the new ROM I've tried this and still, "Can't create...." I've un-installed and reinstalled about 5 times so far. Any other suggestions?? I'm not by any means a programmer, so hopefully there is another easy possibility.

Thank you for ANY suggestions!

Have just updated my x50v to A03 (german version), and will check the bluettooth problem this evening (four hours ahead).
Are you using the japanese version of WM 2003 ?

Frank
www.WinCESoft.de

PS: To TonySelf: You don't need to buy RemoteControl II (http://www.wincesoft.de/), Netremote is a independent application!

mistertrybe
May 2nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Frank,

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm using the English (American) version, downloaded directly from Dell's website. I've just tried copying the cir.dll file from the windows directory to the netremote directory, with no luck. The trial version of Remote Control II works fine. After reading about improved Wifi/Bluetooth performance with the A03 I had hoped it would clear up that Bluetooth issue. Guess I've got another one now!

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Brian

Twit
May 3rd, 2005, 12:29 AM
Brian,

1- Switch off Wi-Fi and bluetooth.
2 - Do a soft reset
3 - Start Netremote (It should now work properly)
4 - Exit netremote ad restart Wi-Fi

Hey it works for me - I had the same issue last week.

Later
Simon