PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard errors with Gyration

lawzer
April 21st, 2005, 12:26 AM
I am trying to program Girder to control ATI MMC. I am using a generic serial IR receiver with the Igor plugin. My keyboard and mouse are Gyration, which show up in the Device Manager as HID devices. The display is a TV set. OS is Windows 2K SP4.

The problem is that I set a keyboard event to Control-4, which should set the window size to "large". It ignores the Control modifier and sends a plain "4" without the Control which changes the channel to channel 4.

I just upgraded Girder to version 3.3.9. Now, it will change the window side, but still sends the plain number which changes the channel.

How do I make this work right?

Promixis
April 21st, 2005, 10:00 AM
Not all apps will respond to keypresses properly... try the alt proc box on the keyboard send routine.

lawzer
April 21st, 2005, 11:50 AM
I have tried it with with alt process checked or not checked. It doesn't do anything at all if it is not checked.

This is not the first system I have set up. Girder works fine on other system controlling the ATI multimedia programs. The difference between the two systems is the keyboard and mouse. On the one that works fine, I am using Logitech DiNovo keyboard and mouse, which are Bluetooth. On the one that doesn't work right, I am using the Gyration keyboard and mouse package, which show up in the device manager as HID devices. (By the way, the Gyration mouse is WONDERFUL!)

It seems that Girder cannot properly transmit keyboard commands when the keyboard attached to the system is a HID keyboard. Am I right on this? Is there any way around it?