PDA

View Full Version : Usb X10 Receiver - Generic X10 Plugin - no device code

reflexnpg
April 24th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Hi!
I would like to use a usb-rf receiver (cm21a) with girder. The problem is that
girder only shows the command code (on,off) but no house and device code.
I installed a usb sniffer programm, and this shows 5 bytes for each command -
including house and device code. Is there a generic usb plugin to use this byte
sequence as command or
is there a work around or any possibility to get it working?

Thanks!
Reflex

Promixis
April 24th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Isn't there an x10 activex object to use with this device. Would work with luacom...

reflexnpg
April 25th, 2005, 06:06 PM
thanks for the hint Mike,
i tried to use the activex object in vb to test it. I managed to receive the commands but - surprise - also without house and device code.
Is this a problem of the x10 driver?
Is that also the reason why Ron's plugin doesnt has the house and device code?

Rob H
April 25th, 2005, 06:15 PM
You should get a house and device code before the on/off code. I wouldn't expect it as part of the on/off code.

reflexnpg
April 26th, 2005, 02:48 AM
rah99, why do you think that the house and device code comes before the command code? As far is i know and experienced the remote transmits only if you press a command key, not when you select the device or housecode.
In the activex object, there is only one event, which will be fired when a command is received. There are variables for house and device code and some more, but they are all empty, except of the command code.

Rob H
April 26th, 2005, 04:30 AM
It depends on how the ActiveX works I suppose (I haven't used it), I was basing my comment on the way that the X10 powerline protocol works. ie you'll get the house and device code(s) transmitted first, then the on/off/dim commands. This may all occur in one batch when the on/off button is pressed.

It's possible that the RF protocol is different.