PDA

View Full Version : TCP/IP howto

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Okay because so many people are having problems with the TCP/IP stuff here is the dummies guide. :grin: ( Little basic knowledge required )

1. Make sure that the server has version at least 2.0
2. Make sure that Quiet mode and 1.x compatibilty are OFF
3. Make sure that the IP address of the computer that you are going to run tcpclient2.exe from is in the list. (also try 127.0.0.1 for localhost)
4. Make sure that the firewall is not blocking this IP traffic. (DISABLE firewall to be sure)
5. ENABLE the plugin ( Press F9, the green light will come on )
6. Add a command and 'learn' the eventstring to the command -> YOU HAVE TO select TCP/IP server from the drop down box next to learn.
7. Go to a dos box on the client computer
8. Type : tcpclient2 [hostaddress] [port] [password] [eventstring]
9. On the host computer Girders light will have blinked yellow, and the command will have been executed.

Ron
Of course, you can also use the Girder TCP/IP client 2 action plugin. Thus routing messages between 2 girders on 2 different computers. ( Across the globe if needed )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RonB on 2002-02-26 22:24 ]</font>

Ron
You'll first need to assign the eventstring that you are sending to a command. If this makes no sense to you then read the getting started guide.

note: this guide above is only for the _old_ tcpip server. Read the "ievent_readme.txt" in the help directory for the latest info.

rickd
Ron

Do you have to use a Dos box can you send a command from inside girder on one machine (client) to another system running Girder.

So basically the Girder event on the server is triggered by an event on the client girder which sends the ip address and eventstring.

So Girder on the client receives an ir command and sends an evenstring over TCPip to the Server running girder which executes another eventstring.

Yes?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rickd on 2002-02-26 21:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rickd on 2002-02-26 21:50 ]</font>

Goatboy
Great proggy. I've managed to set it up on Win2K server okay. Using the local keyboard I can execute events. However when I try to use ieventc.exe it receives the command okay, accepts the connection, flashed the LED to orange, and reports success, but nothing happens.
Colud you tell me what exactly the [eventstring] should be? or is there anything else I should check?
TIA

Goatboy
Cheers RonB, I eventually clicked on the rename for [Eventstring] and all of a sudden everything made sense! BTW I did read the entire forum (bad lurker) & getting started. All v.clear except the Doh! factor :oops: thanx 4 the speedy reply... would have replied earlier but some probs. with ISP.

Cheers

Steve

giridk
August 24th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Is there any update on this TCP/IP Stuff availaible for Girder 3.3 or 4.0. I searched the whole group without getting an idea and need some hints on this. Would be great to get some infos.

greetings
giridk

Promixis
August 24th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Hi,

This has changed significantly for G4. See the manual and then ask questions in the G4 forum.

giridk
August 24th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Hi Mike
Thanks for the fast Reply, however in the manual (I assume it's called Generic IP now) I only find:
"Generic IP Plugin
Depreciated. This will be removed prior to the end of the Beta programme.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File: genericip.dll Device: 189. "

I hoped their might be some docu ?

greetings

Promixis
August 24th, 2005, 09:55 AM
In beta 7 it is documented with the GIP v2

Riplaw
October 27th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue. I would like to send some commands through the internet (Internet Explorer) to my server which is hosting Girder.

I can RDP (remote desktop / terminal services) into my server and using the keyboard issue the commands to my IR. I just don't want to RDP anymore, is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jose

birty
October 27th, 2005, 02:15 PM
try the girder 4 webserver plugin

Riplaw
October 27th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks Birty for your reply. I've been using Girder 3.3 but I'll give v4 a try.

JimHugh
November 2nd, 2005, 07:07 PM
You didn't state which web server you are using...

There is an implementation of the Girder TCP Client with examples for IIS that I wrote a couple of years ago.

It can be found at http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=601

Riplaw
November 3rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks JimHugh.

I am currently running Windows server 2003

Jose.

Todd Reed
February 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I have 3 computers connected with a 4 port router.

Stuck on Step #1 - Server v2.0?? :lol:

Is that the Girder Internet Event Server or Windows Server??

Todd Reed
February 9th, 2006, 02:24 PM

JimHugh
February 9th, 2006, 11:31 PM

Neither, It is the version of Girder. The top message in this thread is from 2002.

Before we go any further with this, we need to know which version of Girder you are using.