PDA

View Full Version : Support for iPaq 63XX Series...

nickgailloux
May 6th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Hey All,

Not too sure where this post should go. It turns out that NoviiRemote has come out with a remote program capable of utilizing the TI OMAP processor and infrared port found on the HP iPaq 63XX series (6315/6340/6365). They are the first to be able to do this.

Problem is, Novii's program well, sux. Its not customizable in the least. You can learn codes, but you cant customize your GUI at all. It would be awesome if NetRemote could implement support for the 63XX series. The ability to use custom CCF's would be sweet!

So what do you say Promixis, is it doable? In the plans? In the making?

Nick.

Kaoh
May 8th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Listening in, I also cant wait for this program to support the IPAQ h63xx series chip.
Iam looking for a tool like this since I bought it and it is a big :( to discover it doesnt work on my device.

So any idea when I am going to buy this software?

nickgailloux
May 10th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Any word from the actual developers who would be working on this if its in the plans?

Promixis
May 10th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Sorry, its going to be a while. Our IR developer is working on it but no ETA.

Kaoh
May 10th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Thats enough for me to sit and wait, I know several people just dying for this program to support this series.

Akke
May 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
You can learn codes, but you cant customize your GUI at all.

Check out the deluxe verson, looks like it has more features than the regular one.

nickgailloux
May 22nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Delux version doesnt have 6300 series support as of yet, its coming in the future though.

Kaoh
June 16th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Just noticed a new version of the package online since 10 June, any change this new version support my device now, or are we still waiting?

Promixis
June 16th, 2005, 05:42 PM
still waiting.

Kaoh
June 16th, 2005, 05:45 PM
:cry:

MC Chod
October 28th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Does this mean Net remote doesn't work on the 6300 at all (i.e. wi-fi) or just that it doesn't have a driver for Infra red? And if the latter are they still promising to do one?

Promixis
October 28th, 2005, 07:19 AM
wifi should work.

no ir at this time.

MC Chod
November 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I am trying to decide wether to buy net remote pro or pro+ir are promixis ever going to support the 6340? and do I need the ir component for usb uirt? Also if promixis aren't going to support the 6300 series can you give us a disable option so we can boot netremote without those error screens?

Ben S
November 21st, 2005, 09:12 PM
You can use the USB-UIRT with NetRemote Pro, you do not need Pro+IR.

In the NetRemote directory, you should see an "IRHardware.dll" file. If you remove that, you should no longer get the errors.

kurtlewis
March 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Ok- I'm another person who has been patiently (or stupidly?) waiting for IR support for the 63xx- Because, earlier in the posts there was talk that this is in the works at Promixis....

Mike C Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:51 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, its going to be a while. Our IR developer is working on it but no ETA.

Well guys, it's now March of 2006- almost a year! what's the verdict for us poor patient souls?

Ben S
March 11th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I hate to keep leading you guys along, but we have a few IR solutions in the works, but none of which are close enough to say "it will be here in x days". I apologize for the delays.

As I'm sure you can imagine, direct IR support from all PPC's is something that is extremely difficult, and something we'd like to have but can't focus 100% on (NetRemote as a whole is much more than just IR).

MC Chod
March 11th, 2006, 09:41 AM
at least thats a better reply than 'forget it' ,which is what I was expecting. Hopefully there is still some effort going into this. to have ir as well as wireless would be fantastic. At present if i go into another room I have to switch to My novii remote software which works really well with the ir on the 63400 (over 20ft).. it would be much tidier to have an all in one solution. Lets hope it al clicks together soon.

kurtlewis
March 11th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks Ben- We'll all just keep waiting then.... i'm fine with using IP for control of everything but the IR would be a nice bonus.

Hey, the other solution might be to stretch this out long enough so all of the Ipaq units are end-of-life and everyone has upgraded to something else. That would kind of take care of the problem too wouldn't it? :lol: