View Full Version : my NetRemote is almost dead.....

May 9th, 2005, 01:53 AM
I'm using a Dell Axim x50v and has trouble with communication with j.river MC. When the PPC is in the USB-hub, everything is working fine, and the local Windows based netRemote client is also working fine.

When running PPC with WiFi, netRemote is acting like a huge packet loss situation. Sometimes the main-page is loading after a long time, but never updating the progress. Sometimes it never shows any information from JRMC. But the strange thing is that the next/previous button is working....

I have tried this with only 1m distance from the d-link router, so it should not be the signal quality.

I have set the MediaBridge configuration to use ip-adresses insted of names, to incure correkt ip-config. The port is 20002.

Is there anything info how to debug this config ?

May 9th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Are you using the new media bridge (2.0 in beta?)

May 9th, 2005, 08:09 AM
no, should I ?

May 9th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Hi, bwa! Yes, you should try that. And the latest NR beta (127). The problems you have been having suggests to me some kind of a weird network problem, but I agree with Mike that you should try the latest version first and see if that changes anything.

May 9th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Ok, i'll try it.

I've test some more lately, and seen that the autodiscover sees the MediaBridge and creates a instance of it in PPC netRemote, it also initializes the GUI when MediaBridge is running, when not most GUI is not initialized, if this makes any sense.

I also tried to run without MediaBride, with setting JRMC server on, but no luck either...

May 9th, 2005, 11:34 AM
hmm, cannot find the betas....

May 9th, 2005, 11:38 AM
found it ... sorry :oops:

May 9th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Try to turn off auto-discovery.

May 10th, 2005, 01:26 AM
I have, of course, tried both.....

As the manual says, I can use the server at JRMC. But it tells me not why I should use the FRMC server at port 20002 instaed of MediaBridge. Maybe somemone could tell the difference ?

May 10th, 2005, 06:45 AM

The new Media Bridge removes the need to use the remoteserver in JRMC. So you should have that turned off.

The documentation has not been updated yet.

May 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Does your internet work ok from the dell?

May 10th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Yes, everyting else regarding tcp/ip works fine...

I try to wipe netRemote entirely on the Dell before reisntalling this evening. Is it enough to just delete the netRemote directory under programFiles (after removing it with the PPC remove program) ?

I seems like not everything is removed, because the registration and settings are retained after a reinstall.

May 10th, 2005, 08:33 AM
You need to remove the registry settings as well. Get a registry editor, like PHM Registry Editor: http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Then remove HK\Current User\Software\NetRemote. That should clean everything.

May 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
aaah, this was'nt easy. The Registry editor cannot install..... Aftre downloading and running the msi.file the installer tells me that there is no package to transfer to the Dell....

May 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
damn, damn, damn ! The problem was not a problem. After trying to ping the PDA from the server the packet loss was 99 % and after restarting my D-Link 614 router everything works perfect.... sorry guys, this was bitter learning.

May 10th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Well, the main thing was that you got it working. :D

September 27th, 2005, 07:28 PM
ahhhhhh I feel the pain. Have had similar things happen to me on several different occasions on various computers/servers whatever. Glad to hear it all worked out.

I will have to remember that as I plow through uphill to get all my new toys and stuff working with NetRemote and Girder and USB-UIRT device. If things are working reboot.