PDA

View Full Version : Problems sending codes with MCEIr plugin

mangalchacha
May 9th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I am new to the MCEIr plugin so please bear with me. I have v0.16 of the MCEIr plugin. Using the command line utilities, I am able to successfully learn codes and store them in files. However, when I use the mcirplay utility to play these learned files, the LED on the IR blaster flashes but my equipment does not respond. I have tried this with a Philips amplifier (RC5 codes) and with a Panasonic Plasma TV to no avail. I tried using the driver supplied with MCEIr versus the standard Microsoft driver but it made no difference.

Trying to "play" these learned files using Girder does not work either. Another oddity is that inside Girder, if I create a new command and then try and "learn" an event, the standard MCE remote works fine (i.e. I can learn events from it) and the Philips RC5 codes work as well, however Girder never sees the Panasonic remote events.

I notice that RemoteCentral has discrete Pronto codes for Panasonic Plasmas but I'm not sure how to convert these strings of hex codes into a file that MCEIr will play. I see that the readme says that MCEIr supports pronto files but I'm not sure how to get from point a to point b. Any help would be appreciated!

I have attached a learned panasonic IR file from mceirrec for your reference.

BurningZeRoad
May 10th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Hi mangalchacha !

Blasters positionning is critical with MCE remote : IR emitter is weak so you have to place it right next to your amplifier/TV IR receiver. Anyway your learned file looks good...

My plugin doesn't generates events when you use your Panasonic remote because I haven't implemented Panasonic IR protocol recognition yet. I will is next version if I can find some specs over the Internet...

If you want to use discrete codes from RemoteCentral, you just have to paste provided digits into a new text file without making any changes (with notepad for instance).

I have attached power on discrete code for panasonic plasma display as an example. ;)

mangalchacha
May 10th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the response and for the file! Unfortunately, I still cannot get it to work, either with the learned code or with the discrete code that you very kindly provided from remote central. I have tried both IR blasters in various positions with respect to the IR sensor on the devices to no avail. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

PS: I have attached the learned Philips RC5 code file for your reference.

BurningZeRoad
May 11th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Hi mangalchacha !

With the attached file you should now be able to receive events from your Panasonic remote in Girder. I just have implemented REC-80 protocol decoding in the plugin... but ain't got no Panasonice plasma to test it ! :D
If I did it right you should receive : 48317 for Power, 39065 for 0, 2057 for 1, 34953 for 2, 18505 for 3.

Are you sure you correctly localizedthe IR receiver on your device ? You can check that using the remote very very close...
No other idea for moment concerning your blaster issue... :-?