PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't replace my MCE reciver driver!

Olliie
May 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM
When I'm going to update my driver for my MCE reciver that comes with the plugin to girder ( MceIr-4 ) , it only says that the .inf file dosn't contain any hardware-information and refuses to install the driver

What can I do to fix this?

Please help

//Olliie

BurningZeRoad
May 25th, 2005, 05:20 PM
First check Girder is receiving remote keystrokes with Microsoft driver :
- If it doesn't you own an old MCE remote control version my plugin doesn't support. :(
- If it's working, just post here the VendorId/ProductId you will find in remote driver details (device manager -> USB Controller -> eHome Remote -> Properties -> Details). You should see something like USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX\...
Then I will update .inf file so you can install the driver properly. ;)

Olliie
May 25th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I made up a bit diffrent sollution, i opened the propperties for the reciever and unplugged it when i was in the propperties. Then i was able to install it:D

Here my hardware-info:

USB\Vid_0609&Pid_031d&Rev_0000
USB\Vid_0609&Pid_031d

Here some more:
USB\VID_0609&PID_031D\SM000OPM

So it can be fixed.

//Olliie

BurningZeRoad
June 4th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Your remote device id will now be recognized in MCE plugin 0.18.
You will also be able to select on which blaster IR codes will be sent (instead of both previously).
Cheers ! ;)

Photoshop
August 18th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Your remote device id will now be recognized in MCE plugin 0.18.
You will also be able to select on which blaster IR codes will be sent (instead of both previously).
Cheers ! ;)

Hi, I have MCE REmote control with VID_0471&PID_0815&COL05. But I cant install your driver, i have same error message. Please help me.