PDA

View Full Version : UIRT2 On EPIA Motherboard

zNightLite
June 5th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Hi,

I had build an UIRT2, programmed the pic and the remote code. The remote works and IR code is received via the serial port. Unfortunately, the WOL feature doesn't work. When I press the remote power button, the WOL line voltage go to HIGH (+5v) and then LOW but the VIA EPIA MII motherboard doesn't power on. Though, issuing an WOL via another computer using a program, the system power on.

Anyone has any clue or can help???

windtrader
June 16th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Try to find out what singl is being sent from the remote wol program to the new mobo.

There are some UIRT2 settings you can adjust that might send the right signal to the WOL connector. Go into Girder, find the command that corresponds to the remote power button, and go toi UIRT driver settings. Go to the PIC configuration panel where you can control the type of signal to be sent.

Hope this helps

zNightLite
June 19th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I had done all that. In fact, the UIRT2 works on a different motherboard. Though, not on the EPIA MII 12000. Any clues?

windtrader
June 20th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Only other I can think of is to make sure you know that the epic mobo support WOL and exactly what the signal sequence is that invokes the WOL. I understand some may trigger on low instead of high but I am no expert in using WOL on various mobos.