PDA

View Full Version : Apparent conflict between MCE plugin and MCE use of blaster?

zyll
June 7th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry to be coming back for help again so soon, but I'm getting closer to making my system work!

I have an MCE system with the MS MCE IR remote/receiver/blaster. I have been using the MCE plugin to receive events from my IR remote, and that seems to always work fine. But... if Girder is active, then it seems that it is taking control of the IR hardware, and MCE thinks that the IR emitter is not connected - all I get is an error because it believes it cannot control the STB. Likewise, if I use MCE to change channels on my STB and then try to use Girder to blast a recorded code, nothing happens.

Since this seems that it must be a common configuration, I think that I must be running into another simple problem. My girder control file doesn't matter, since I can make it happen just by using the "test" option of the plugin.

Once again, I would appreciate any ideas or pointers....
Marshal

zyll
June 7th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I should have mentioned that I'm using the MS DLL, so that all of the existing remote keys will work......

birty
June 8th, 2005, 05:20 AM
most remote hardware will not allow more than one program to use them at the same time

zyll
June 8th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks, there are hints that this should be possible (for example, why have the ability to use either the MS or replacement driver, if MCE and MCEIR can't work together in the machine?)

Burningzeroad, can you confirm that it doesn't work? I think my only alternative then would be to buy another IR transceiver, since MCE can't tune my stb if I'm using MCEIR.

Thanks again for any help.....