PDA

View Full Version : DVDSpy Suggestion / Request

this-is-me
June 15th, 2005, 12:15 AM
This is my first post here, and it is going to sound like I am begging. I need some plugin somewhere to interface with girder and ATI MMC in such a way as I can retrieve the current connector status. I tried DVDSpy, but it does not tell me which connector the MMC is using. I need to know from girder before sending events whether the connector is on S-Video, Composite, or Cable TV. I am replacing my DirecTV Remote with the single ATI Remote Wonder II Remote using girder and the USB-UIRT to send the DTV commands to the reciever. What I want to do is to send IR commands to the box only if the current connector is SVideo since that is the connector my DTV is hooked up to. I don't know if this is better added to the existing DVDSpy plugin or if an entirely new plugin would be needed. If anyone out there can help me, I would be more than grateful.

EDIT: To clarify my current setup just a hair more, I am currently using the Girder Plugin for ATI Remote wonder and the Remote Wonder Plugin for Girder to allow me to accept the ATI commands directly in girder. I am then (when necessary) sending the USB UIRT the transmit command from girder.

Promixis
June 15th, 2005, 06:59 AM
I don't know if this is doable or not...

i wonder if there is a dialog box off the ati software that girder could check. do you have a screen shot of the connector selection box?

this-is-me
June 15th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Sorry to say that I am not at the computer as of right now, but I will look into it once I am back at home.

this-is-me
June 15th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Here's the situation. On the "skin" there is a location that says what input connector is being used, but the text cannot be "seen" from any programs like spy++ or similar. I believe it is "painted" on to the skin instead of being an input box or similar. There is another box that tells what connector is being used, but it is in the setup portion of the TV player. That box is not accessable when recording. The one last option that I remember is a menu item that has the current connector checked at all times. The problem with that is that it is a "skinned" menu, and is probably being owner drawn. It is not a system menu and it is only available by right-click. I have tried to highlight the areas that show where the connector is mentioned. Let me know if this is what you needed.

this-is-me
June 16th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Anyone have any Ideas?

Promixis
June 16th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Have you thought about email ati tech support?? :lol:

this-is-me
June 16th, 2005, 04:27 PM
No, actually I haven't checked with ati yet. I would imagine it would be like banging my head against a a wall. I can only surmise that they have no com support and would probably be less-than-helpful. I will try however, and I will see what it gets me. I will let you know soon.

this-is-me
June 16th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I fired off an email to the development division, and will see what happens on that score.

this-is-me
June 19th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Not so good news, as I rather expected. All they pointed me to is the generic remote control interface for mmc:
http://www.ati.com/developer/genremctl.zip
Basically, this allows me to send commands to the mmc but not recieve any information. Any more ideas?

EDIT: When I register that dll, it causes ATI MMC 9.08 to crash, So I guess I still won't be using that dll anyway......

MMcM
June 21st, 2005, 10:27 AM
I'd bet that the setting is stored persistently in the registry. Try running regmon while changing it to see whether you can figure out where.

this-is-me
June 21st, 2005, 04:26 PM
I did that before. I also ran installrite (a great program for that kind of thing if you ask me) and filemon to see what happens during the switch. I see where the application attepts to access a database file under all users, but I can't access the database myself. I see no other areas that specify which jack it is connected to. I do also see that the mmc application stores what the connector status was in a key AFTER the application is closed, but does not change it while the application is running.

EDIT: If you need, I can post a regmon log with the info in it.