PDA

View Full Version : MCE Devcon Restart only works with IR button press

antimatter
August 1st, 2005, 06:33 PM
I hope BurningZeRoad see's this thread.

Here is what is happening. I am using .18 version of the plugin on Girder 3.3.9c in windows xp pro sp2

I must hibernate (no suspend to ram cause in a car environment)

I am using devcon.exe to disable/enable the MCE USB Reciever.

This works fine when girder is not loaded or the plugin is not loaded into the memory but when it is devcon can't disable the device.

There is a workaround posted in another thread that uses the variable manuipulation script to unload the MCE plugin, so devcon can complete BUT.... I am having a problem girder crashing when i do this.

So i have noticed a strange thing with devcon. If i just run the devcon batch file that i created to disable and then reenable the MCE Reciever it hangs up trying to disable it. It will sit there for an indefinite amount of time unless a press a button on the remote. As soon as i do press a button devcon completes successfully without the need to use the Unloading and Loading of the MCE plugin.

Ultimately i am looking for a means to an end where i will be able to Use the plugin and hibernate without girder crashing.

Any suggesstions would be great.

antimatter
August 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
The crashing is no longer a problem since i installed the latest update to girder (3.3.10)