PDA

View Full Version : chart plugin, lua object support requested

mhwlng
August 5th, 2005, 02:09 PM
See picture

I turned this

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/xgraph.asp

into a Netremote plugin (win32 only)

But it's pretty useless without the capability to create new lua functions from inside a plugin to tell the graph what data to display :D

Any idea if/when this functionality will appear in the plugin SDK ?

Marcel

Promixis
August 5th, 2005, 02:38 PM
what kind of data do you want to display?

wondering if doing the plugin in G4 would be preferable? you could then send the data to any nr client.

mhwlng
August 5th, 2005, 04:41 PM
If you want to do it in girder, you would have to create an alpha-blended png file to send to NR (or a web browser if you want). to preserve the transparency as shown in the picture.

If you want a real time trend (i.e. cpu utilization, audio spectrum etc.) you would have to send this png file to NR many times a second)

I think that just sending the cpu%, room temperature, aquarium pH etc. from girder and letting NR do the real-time trending locally is more efficient. (or let girder build up the history and just send an array of the last x values)

It's true that this would be difficult to do on PPC. for that platform a girder based approach is better.

Also the current NR plugin prototype doesn't have interactivity yet (i.e. cursors, zooming etc.),
But doing the chart generation in girder would rule that out...

I already send trend charts via girder :

http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8294&highlight=mrtg

of course the chart source code is there, it should be possible to make 2 plugins NR+Girder... (the .png creation in girder will require some extra libraries)

Marcel

Ben S
August 5th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Hi Marcel -
This will be available right after the current release goes live. I will then be changing the API to support all of the cool stuff you want (access to lua, z-layers, etc.)

Sorry for the delay!

avid
August 6th, 2005, 04:51 AM
This will be available right after the current release goes live. I will then be changing the API to support all of the cool stuff you want (access to lua, z-layers, etc.)!
Hi Ben,

If you are adding z-layers, and this includes for driver-painted buttons, then I can easily re-work AvidUtils to fix peterjwhite's scrolling text display problems (when NR is not foreground). This will be a far cleaner solution than any other I am currently considering.

Brian

harleydude
January 28th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Marcel,

I am looking at using the XGraph code to make a Girder plugin. I looked at the demo source and it appears to use MFC. Is it possible to use the XGraph control to create a Girder plugin?

I know a very little about C++ and Girder plugins, and I appreciate your opinion on this subject.