PDA

View Full Version : UIRT2 with SageTV. Question for Luc or Windtrader

docflash
August 8th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Hi:

Thanks for all your work on the UIRT2. I have Jon's USB-UIRT right now, which I am using to control SageTV. Sage has support for UIRT and IRMan, both via USB and the COM port and does not require the use of Girder.

Two questions:

1) Can I use the UIRT2 in the same way that I'm using the USB-UIRT right now? I'm putting together another Sage DVR, and I'd like to build my own IR receiver and mount it internally using the serial port header on the MB.

2) Under "Circuit Simplification" it says:
* In Circuit Serial Programming: D1, D2, R7, R9, ZD1 and Shunt1 (solder the 2 pads together). These are also used to reset the PIC when Girder is not running, removing these components will also disable this feature. If you decide to leave them in, bear in mind that the UIRT will not work when Girder isn't running but it will work when the PC is powered off.

Does this mean that I wouldn't be able to use the UIRT2 alone (without Girder) to control the SageTV app? I don't use Girder with the Sage/Usb-UIRT combo right now.

So, do I modify it to remove ICSP or not?

Thanks,

windtrader
August 9th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I think Sage would need to support the UIRT2 directly as it does for the USB-UIRT. The UIRT2 was designed to be used with Girder and I don't recollect anyone using it in a configuration without it.

If Sage allows support for a sceond UIRt, why not just add a second USB-UIRT and fit it into the case? I think it would be a better solution.

docflash
August 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM
I think Sage would need to support the UIRT2 directly as it does for the USB-UIRT. The UIRT2 was designed to be used with Girder and I don't recollect anyone using it in a configuration without it.

If Sage allows support for a sceond UIRt, why not just add a second USB-UIRT and fit it into the case? I think it would be a better solution.

Thanks for the info. The reason to not use the USB-UIRT is that I guess I need to bang my head against the wall :lol: Really though, I'm interested in building my own like others here.

One way or another I'll build the UIRT2 and give Girder a shot. If it works with SageTV without Girder, so much the better.

Regards,