PDA

View Full Version : HidePopup author

Snakebite
August 16th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Hey Mike C and all,

how did my name get dropped as author of the HidePopup plugin?

birty
August 16th, 2005, 06:30 AM
when the plugins page was upgraded you had to say which plugins you wrote so the page could be corrected

Snakebite
August 16th, 2005, 08:46 PM
My name is in the readme, but under any circumstance they shouldn't put "Mike C" as author. That's really bad etiquette.

Promixis
August 17th, 2005, 08:17 AM
My name is in the readme, but under any circumstance they shouldn't put "Mike C" as author. That's really bad etiquette.

Sorry, we had some problems during the merging of the NetRemote and Girder databases.

If you upload it again, I will remove the other instance.

Goto developer/uploads.

Snakebite
August 17th, 2005, 10:30 AM
If you upload it again, I will remove the other instance.

Goto developer/uploads.

I'm having problems accepting your conditions:

"I am providing the Submission on a non-confidential basis. You are able to use and modify the Submission on an unrestricted basis. I grant you and your successors and assigns a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free, perpetual licence to use, distribute, reproduce, modify and create derivative works from the Submission. In addition, I irrevocably waive all of my moral rights as author in respect of the Submission."

I didn't agree to any conditions when contributing my plugin in the first place, and for a reason. Girder has become increasingly commercialized and in my opinion you guys are profiting on other people's work seeing how Girder is pretty limited without the plugins. The final straw, although small, was the credit insult.

I'd like you to remove HidePopup from your website.

Thanks.

Promixis
August 17th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Well, I explained the credit issue with you above.

Your plugin is removed.