PDA

View Full Version : PDA Remote

pilotb206
September 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I had seen a program for accessing music files from a PDA that had IR capability, It said that the pda can be used wirelessly so that you can let your friends be the dj, but can't find it again, should have downloaded it when I had seen it. Can anybody help me?

honnt
September 14th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Check out NetRemote at www.promixis.com ....From their home page:
Turn your Pocket PC handheld into a remote control and unleash your digital media library! With NetRemote, you’ll be able to take full control of your music from anywhere in your house. Replace you existing infrared remotes with your own touch screen design. Browse your music by artist, genre, playlist, title or album cover art, adjust the volume, and let the music play. Use NetRemote for your next party and let your guests play DJ by passing the PocketPC around. NetRemote is incredibly easy and fun, and once you use it, you’ll never put it down. When combined with Girder, you will have complete control over you home automation system.

Good luck!

edward.tew
October 9th, 2005, 10:27 AM
I have just got an Axim x-50 and with netremote it was a breeze to control my music collection the TV,SKY satellite and the DVD player.

I am having a spot of bother with my Digitheatre DTS speakers because I have lost the original remote but that's for another post...

Ed

steingra
October 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
you said :I have just got an Axim x-50 and with netremote it was a breeze to control my music collection the TV,SKY satellite and the DVD player.

So what exactly did you have to do to make it work? I am thinking about getting an axim x-50 pda because i want to use it to control all my home theater equioment, and also the USB-UIRT device and girder

GadgetBoy
November 5th, 2005, 08:45 AM
How about a Palm Vx PDA? I have one laying around collecting dust...

Mastiff
November 5th, 2005, 11:16 AM
GadgetBoy, Palms are not supported. Anyway they're a thing of the past, even Palm's moving to Windows Mobile now! :wink:

Steingra, does your nick mean what I think it means? I'm norwegian... :wink: Also, to control everything you only need an USB-UIRT and Girder. The rest is just up to configuration.