PDA

View Full Version : Raw Streamzap commands

tehuti
September 18th, 2005, 02:03 AM
I am using Girder 4.0b7, I just got a Snapstream remote, installed their latest drivers and Girder plugin. I want to use other remotes with this system, but the raw setting on the plugin does not see any input events, not even from the streamzap remote. Am I missing something here? Or is this feature simply not functional. The receiver LED flashes, but Girder does not respond, and nothing is logged. Anyone have a similar setup that works?
Thanks,
Bill

Promixis
September 18th, 2005, 09:44 AM
You need the 2.9.7 version of the software from the streamzap websitte.

tehuti
September 18th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Hmm, I went to the Streamzap site, and the latest software available is 2.9.6. Do you know when 2.9.7 will be available?
Bill

Promixis
September 18th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I will try and post a link later today. PM me if I don't :)

Promixis
September 18th, 2005, 07:28 PM
http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=844

tehuti
September 19th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks Mike, but the link gives me a file that is only 391 KB. When I try to open it, it says it is expecting a file that is more like 6 MB, and the 2.96 driver is near 6 MB. Can you look into the problem?
Thanks,
Bill

Promixis
September 19th, 2005, 12:20 PM
http://www.streamzap.com/tmp/PCRemote.exe

outlawjosie
December 6th, 2005, 05:36 AM
I had the same problem. Now why would streamzap hide the drivers that work? Its been 4 months and the still haven't gone public with the 2.9.7 drivers. How many people have to waste hours before they get a clue.

Promixis
December 6th, 2005, 07:52 AM
I will ask.

cshirley
January 21st, 2006, 01:09 AM
Did anyone resolve the issue of getting the latest Streamzap driver 2.9.7 that works with Girder 4.0.1? I can only find 2.9.6 on the streamzap webste. This is the only thing standing in my way of porting my 3.3 files to 4.0.1. While I could capture the Streamzap IR commands using USB-UIRT, I would rather use the Streamzap IR receiver so I would not have to rip my entire system apart.

Thanks,

Craig

Promixis
January 21st, 2006, 08:16 AM
Craig,

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=844

cshirley
January 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks Mike! I have 2.9.7 installed, and girder is correctly logging streamzap ir commands (when I press the 1 key it logs "one"), however, I cannot seem to get it to take the action associated with the "1" key. I'll work on it for a while, but everything worked fine in 3.3 and 4.0.1 is not responding. 4.0.1 works great through the USB-UIRT i/f using another remote control commandset. Very strange.

Promixis
January 21st, 2006, 03:54 PM
is this in raw mode or normal?

and nothing shows in the logger when you press 1? :x

cshirley
January 21st, 2006, 04:08 PM
For the Stramzap plugin "Settings" button I have selected "Receive Named Button Events."

For the actual IR command, I have tried two "Event Device" settings:
1. "Raw: Stramzap PC remote"
2. "Streamzap PC remote".

The Logger is showing four events:

4. "USB-UIRT" "170000825AF6"
3. "Streamzap Remote" "KEY 1"
2. "Streamzap PC Remote" "ONE"
1. "USB-UIRT" "170000825AF6"

I have an IR Blaster that sends IR to both the Streamzap and the USBUIRT simultaneously, so I believe that this behavior is normal.

Thanks for the help,

Craig

Promixis
January 21st, 2006, 04:11 PM
The mapping for this remote might be broken...

open the mappng editor and see if there is an event for the 1

cshirley
January 21st, 2006, 04:37 PM
There is a mapping for Streamzap key one to launch an mp3 playlist in the .gml file. I don't know if it will help for me to upload the file, but it is attached (Streamzap is under Launch MP3 File Group). I have tried multiple keys on the Streamzap and they log okay, but the file is not launched in response to the event "one" occuring or any other streamzap events captured through the stramzap ir receiver. I agree that a logical conclusion would be that the mapping is broken but check this out...

When I re-learn a Streamzap event (IR) (with USB-UIRT plugin unchecked) for "ONE" the file is not launched as mentioned above. However, when I re-learn the IR event using the same key on the streamzap remote but with the USB-UIRT plugin checked and the streamzap plugin unchecked, then the event works (using USBUIRT IR input). In both cases, the events are logged correctly, however, with the event being captured through the USBUIRT IR input, it executes the file launch command correclty. The USBUIRT event learning and execution works regardless as to whether the Stramzap plugin is enabled/checked, so I don't think there is any conflict between the two, I was just trying to be thorough in my debugging.

-Craig

Promixis
January 21st, 2006, 05:30 PM
Chris, I am out of town, it will be a week before I can actually test with our streamzap :(

cshirley
January 21st, 2006, 05:37 PM
Mike,

Okay. I really appreciate your help here.

-Craig

cshirley
January 21st, 2006, 08:36 PM
Mike,

I just ripped my system apart and removed the need for the Streamzap ir receiver. Now everything goes through the USB-UIRT and works fine. I needed a refresher on how to program my Niles receiver anyway. :) The whole process wasn't too bad, actually.

I appreciate your help here, but there is no need for you to go through the process of further debugging this issue for my benefit.

Thanks,

Craig