PDA

View Full Version : Foobar2000 Plugin

Barbarossa
October 14th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I posted this topic on the general forum, but maybe it is more appropriate here.

I'm building a music player based on a Mini ITX board. It will run headless with Net Remote control. Ideally, I would like to run Foobar as the music player. Has anyone writen a plugin for Media Bridge for Foobar?

Is anyone interested in colaborating in writing one?

Paul

theguywiththefunnyhair
April 11th, 2006, 09:23 PM
did you ever get anywhere with this?
i would love to use foobar
:)

erikt
April 12th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I'm planning on updating the component when I get a chance. It hasn't been a high
priority for me as I haven't switched to 0.9 yet (and the weather's been too nice to sit
inside coding). It doesn't look too hard, but I can't promise a date yet.
erikt

theguywiththefunnyhair
April 13th, 2006, 05:41 AM
hey erikt,
thats great news! when u find you have the time to make a start speak to mike c, he seems to be willing to assist. and if you feel the need for moral support plz feel free to drop me a line.
Dan

erikt
April 13th, 2006, 07:55 AM
The Girder side is no problem, it hasn't changed from G3 to G4, and it doesn't care what
version of Foobar it's talking to. It's the change to the Foobar SDK that I need to assimilate.

I'll let you know when it's done. Maybe this weekend if my kids take some good naps... :)

erikt

theguywiththefunnyhair
April 13th, 2006, 07:30 PM
ahhh ok,
your talking about using Girder... i was hoping someone could get foobar working with MediaBridge, using the v0.9 media library it should now be possible. I was also thinking foo_looks being LUA would make things easier for displaying cover art, but i dont know enough to even know if thats right or not.
Still... an updated .gml would be better than nothing
:)

erikt
April 13th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Damn, this is embarassing... :oops:

I should read a thread more carefully before replying. Sorry, I was thinking about another
thread requesting someone to update the v0.9 FB2K DVDSpy component. I saw this
one and didn't even read the first post... Sorry.

erikt