View Full Version : Creative Audigy PC Card w/ IR control

November 3rd, 2005, 06:42 AM
I recently picked up a Creative Audigy PC Card to split into three zones. This card included a small remote and a USB IR receiver. When I plug the IR device into my USB port and point a remote at it, it flashes a red LED, so I believe it is working. Can I use this with Girder/Net Remote? I have tried to enable it to work without luck. I was hoping I could avoid buying USBIRT.

Thanks in advance,

November 3rd, 2005, 07:49 AM
Jim, in the device manager, does it show up as a hid device?

November 4th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Actually, I do not see it listed, but it showed up that it was installing it when I first plugged it in.

Are these IR devices fairly generic? I would assume that it is designed to work with with the software that was delivered with the card, but I don't want to use that, and I am afraid that by installing it it will hijack my JRMC.

Is there a place where I can download the drivers just for it? I am googling the hell out of this part number and getting nowhere...

November 4th, 2005, 08:27 AM
The devices tend to be software specific. If they show up as a HID device you can usually get Girder to work with it. Do you see it listed in the device manager anywhere? It should if its a usb device.