PDA

View Full Version : power mate pluggin

dj212
November 16th, 2005, 12:56 PM
i have a problem with the powermate plug-in.....if i unplug the powermate and reconnect it it wont detect the changes or it wont redetect the powermate with your plug-in...also i need multiple powermate support...i have 2 and i need to use them both

inorkuo
February 9th, 2006, 12:51 AM
hey dj i think i've seen you on mp3car. i can't answer you on the dual powermate support but i had a similar problem with the powermate after resuming from standby. to get the powermate to work with girder after you unplug and reconnect or resuming from hibernate/standy i made an autoit script that kills girder if it's running, then calls devcon to restart the powermate, then start girder. each of these things has to finish before the next part begins for it to work properly everytime. hope that helps.

a question i have is, what are the different powermate actions that girder can recognize. so far i know i can do left, right, downleft, downright, down, and up. can girder detect a long click, or a double click?

dj212
February 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM
hey dj i think i've seen you on mp3car. i can't answer you on the dual powermate support but i had a similar problem with the powermate after resuming from standby. to get the powermate to work with girder after you unplug and reconnect or resuming from hibernate/standy i made an autoit script that kills girder if it's running, then calls devcon to restart the powermate, then start girder. each of these things has to finish before the next part begins for it to work properly everytime. hope that helps.

a question i have is, what are the different powermate actions that girder can recognize. so far i know i can do left, right, downleft, downright, down, and up. can girder detect a long click, or a double click?

yes i'm a member of mp3car....well what i figure out is that the problem is with the crappy drivers from griffin.....and that the command u metion are the only commands the driver sends out....the chip that sends the commands is a very powerful chip from cypress...that can do a lot more commands...than what is design for in the griffin powermate....if u make a better driver..you can make it send or detect a long click, or a double click.....the plug-in for powermate just detects those commands send from the HID driver....