PDA

View Full Version : How to add Hauppauge remote?

johnmacd
December 20th, 2005, 11:00 AM
I have Girder4, BTV4 and a USB-UIRT. I have added the usb-uirt plugins and restarted Girder. I have gone thru the add remote wizard in Girder several times, yet I do not see where it shows up. Where does a new remote show up?

Promixis
December 20th, 2005, 11:15 AM
For usbuirt, use the remote mapping wizard. There are no default remotes for the usbuirt.

johnmacd
December 20th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Ummm, OK in the remote mapping wizard, I was able to add a new mapping device. Then I chose add output event and chose PLAY. Then I add input event and in the drop down menu it shows Device 144 and eventstring unassigned. I then press and hold the play button on the remote and I'm not sure what was supposed to happen. Nothing on the screen changes. I did the same thing, but also tried choosing the device USB_UIRT driver and basically the same thing happened. I'm missing something.

Promixis
December 20th, 2005, 01:17 PM
First, did you read the manual on how to do this?

Is the usb uirt plugin enabled?

Open the logger window, do you see events when you press buttons on your remote?

johnmacd
December 27th, 2005, 11:16 AM
First, did you read the manual on how to do this?

Is the usb uirt plugin enabled?

Open the logger window, do you see events when you press buttons on your remote?

OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I never checked off the box to tell Girder to actually use the driver for the USB-UIRT.