View Full Version : NOOB-Question: How to control AMP & Projector via PC?

December 27th, 2005, 06:45 PM

i use netremote/girder 3.3 to control my mce-pc -> works fine.

now iŽd like to control my amp (onkyo), my tv (loewe) and my projector (sony) via IR. right now i do that directly via pda, but iŽd like to send the ir-cmds via girder from the pc.
how can i do that? what products do i need for that?
i donŽt even have a clou on what i should google for.... :-(

only thing i know is, that i need some sort of "ir-blaster" (ir-emitter?) to get the ir-signals from the pc to the amp etc. -> but what product gives me the easiest way to archive the above?

pls help a noobie with some good products to search for.


Rob H
December 28th, 2005, 05:40 AM
I'd recommend the USB-UIRT see http://www.usbuirt.com/

February 28th, 2006, 01:29 PM

i tried irtrans now and i am very pleased - works great!