PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote Custom control

jbasso
December 30th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I have been looking through the forum and was hoping there was a good example of talking to netremote with premise control (home automation). I like the premise control system but hate the slow gui. Premise can run a web server or I can write sockets if I have to to communicate so I was hoping that I could do native netremote control without girder. It is not that I do not like girder, but I just do not want to run it when I already have premise and the last time I looked Promixis stuff did not run as a service so it is not a good option. I am not a c++ guy so the plug-in option is out, I can do vb.net and maybe C# if necessary. I am looking for the right path to take to make this as stable as possible. Looking for simple control and feedback to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

JB

Promixis
December 30th, 2005, 03:55 PM
this doesn't answer your question.. but isn't Premise discontinued?

jbasso
December 30th, 2005, 08:59 PM
The tool has gone through some rough times, but it is not gone just gobbled up by a massive technology company that has not shared what the next version will bring. 3.0 will be out some time late next year and it will be a completely new product. The reality is that for control it is one of the most advanced systems I have used so I am sticking it out. I just want to use netremote to do some basic control to premise.

More important then controlling premise is figuring out the conduit so I can write my own server to pass data back and forth. The Netremote is killer so it is the perfect interface, just need a service based server

Promixis
December 30th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Probably the best place to start is too look at our GIP (generic IP) plugin to send and receive messages. You could build a bridge in c#

jbasso
January 3rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
I have started to use the generic plug-in on Netremote and will post my .net application for everyone to use once I am done. Using simple Serial will do the job for what I am after.

Thanks for the help and quick response

Promixis
January 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM
cool,

keep us posted and let us know if you need any other help.

Kjsanders
December 11th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Now that Premise is free...and only supported by the user group... I just wondered if an integration was created.

Really I'm just trying to capture an IP Camera clip, when an HAI motion sensor is triggered (possibly through Premise or not) and email the file to my 6700 phone.

Is there another simple way to do this?

Thanks!