PDA

View Full Version : Harmony 688 + Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

PooC-Maw
January 2nd, 2006, 04:53 AM
Hi,

My first post here, hi people

I recently bought a Harmony 688 remote. Took me a while to set up, but it's dandy now.

I also have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro soundcard, with external breakout box, which has an iR receiver on it. I've copied the signals of the original remote in the Harmony which works well, but the problem here is the limited functionality the drivers I've installed offer (kX Project, should you care). They send hardcoded messages (for example, winamp next, winamp prev, etc). I'd like more control over this, I'd be happy if I could make each keypress run an exe (this way I could run a Lua-script in Litestep)

Is Girder able to take over control of this iR port from the original driver? I've installed it but didn't really find a relevant plugin (haven't had the time to look in-depth though)

Any help or tips from experienced Girder users?

Promixis
January 2nd, 2006, 09:31 AM
I don't have the hardware to check but there are these G3.3 plugins

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=730

let me know if one works.

PooC-Maw
January 2nd, 2006, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I already tried that, tried again to make sure. Installed the plugin, enabled it (ticked the box), but the add new remote dialog doesn't respond when I press a key. According to an older post, you can get it to work installing the 'Creative Remotes' plugin (sblive sysex), but the sblive.exe file doesn't do anything when executed. : /

What is it supposed to do?

Promixis
January 2nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
The plugin installer is looking for a G3.3 install. If you install G3.3 it will put the plugin in G3.3 plugins folder. Otherwise, paste a link to the plugin you want and I will extract it for you.

PooC-Maw
January 2nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
That's kind, but in the meantime I managed to get it working, using 3.3.
Terrific!

Small question; I'd like to run an executable with parameters (for example notepad.exe example.txt), but Girder seems unable to accept anything other than just the name of the executable. I circumvent this at the moment putting the command in a batch file and having Girder run that (so no parameters required). Is there a way to do this directly?

Thanks in advance,

Promixis
January 2nd, 2006, 07:00 PM
using G4 or G3.3?

PooC-Maw
January 2nd, 2006, 07:10 PM
Found out - just had to put the parameters in the box below (step size)
d'oh!