PDA

View Full Version : turn TV on/off

johnmacd
January 2nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
I have a USB-UIRT, I have been able to successfully get a TiVo remote to control BTV. But I cannot figure out how to have Girder transmit a signal to turn on/off the TV and other Stereo components.

Promixis
January 2nd, 2006, 03:58 PM
You have to add an action from the usb uirt item on the action tree on the left. Do you see it?

johnmacd
January 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
You have to add an action from the usb uirt item on the action tree on the left. Do you see it?

Which action do I add? I do not have a usb uirt folder under the action tree on the left. I have looked through all the folders on the left and do not see any mention of usb uirt. I have the usb uirt driver checked under settings-plug-in settings. Should there be a folder on the left under actions?

Promixis
January 2nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
you are using the G4 version of the plugin (it comes with G4)?

johnmacd
January 2nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
I'm still using release canidate 4. Maybe that's the problem. I didnt load the newest version. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

Promixis
January 2nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
I'm still using release canidate 4. Maybe that's the problem. I didnt load the newest version. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

Thats the problem ;)

johnmacd
January 4th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Mike,
thanks for your help. that was extactly it. I uninstalled the RC4 and installed the new version and it was there. It took a little while to get it working, but your help file...well, it helped!
thanks again.
John

Promixis
January 4th, 2006, 02:53 PM
no problem ;)