PDA

View Full Version : Girder 4 and girder 3.3 installation on the same machine?

mhund
January 6th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Hello,

after some month of leaving girder 3 like it is, I see that you finished girder 4 and I am willing to change to the new version. Because of my complicated existing environment, it will take several weeks to translate. But its my living room pc which has to run every evening when my wife wants to watch tv, I cannot abandon to girder 3 sofar.

My question: Can I install this two versions on the same PC without conflicts? (Of course there would be only one instance be alive at the same time)

Promixis
January 6th, 2006, 09:43 AM
They can both be installed at the same... Running both at the same time is probably ok as long as you are using the same devices...

Rob H
January 6th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I think you mean 'as long as you aren't using the same devices'

Promixis
January 6th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I think you mean 'as long as you aren't using the same devices'

:oops:

mhund
January 7th, 2006, 05:11 PM
No problem. I got what you mean :wink:

Vinny Singh
January 8th, 2006, 02:42 PM
mhund, I was looking at your pages, and noticed one of your PC's sits right on top of what looks like a subwoofer. Is the subwoofer magnetically shielded? I have a klipsch sub (overpowering my other celestion speakers :( ) And I ruined a laptop OS by setting it on there for a week while watching a movie. I have a feeling the vibrations had more to do with the damage than magnetic field, but both could have been a factor. I had to buy a new hd for it, and could not even low level format the old one.

Nice setup btw!

mhund
January 10th, 2006, 09:21 AM
@Vinny Singh,

thank you for your hint. I had the PC ontop of the subwoofer for some month without any trouble. Maybe it has been real luck. In the meantime the device is relocated near by the tv and the influence should be stopped. But - as I said - there were no troubles, allthough I had used the woofer really heavilly sometimes. :wink: