PDA

View Full Version : Query Internet usage

swatfa
January 11th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Hello,

I am currently trying to find a solution to control devices (Satellite TV, DVD etc) using their remote control but from a different location i.e through the internet.

In other words i need something which receives the IR signal sent by a remote controller, sends it over the internet to the device in question.

Is there anything which exists at the moment which would allow me to do this?

Many thanks.

Promixis
January 11th, 2006, 08:06 AM
there are devices that do IR over tcp/ip such as the irtrans.de

Rob H
January 11th, 2006, 11:47 AM
You could also do this with two copies of Girder - one on each machine.

swatfa
January 11th, 2006, 12:01 PM

That would be an ideal solution, but how would i get them to communicate with each other? or does Girder come supported with this?

Promixis
January 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM

That would be an ideal solution, but how would i get them to communicate with each other? or does Girder come supported with this?

Using the G4 comserver plugin

swatfa
January 12th, 2006, 10:51 AM
just a question but would Proximis be able to make a custom program that would accomplish the above task using the OEM program?

Ideally i would like software which would allow a user to choose a list of supported devices during installation, upon choosing the device the remote codes would be updated onto the UIRT and once the same is done on the other end the remote control would then be able to control the device. Whilst i now understand that this can be done with the comserver plugin and two copies of G4 what i would like is something to handle the matter more specifically for my clients.

Also would i be limited to using the UIRT device to accomplish this? or can i use IR2PC (http://ir2pc.cjb.net/) or even build a similar UIRT device.

Many thanks for your support!!

Promixis
January 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
just a question but would Proximis be able to make a custom program that would accomplish the above task using the OEM program?

Ideally i would like software which would allow a user to choose a list of supported devices during installation, upon choosing the device the remote codes would be updated onto the UIRT and once the same is done on the other end the remote control would then be able to control the device. Whilst i now understand that this can be done with the comserver plugin and two copies of G4 what i would like is something to handle the matter more specifically for my clients.

Also would i be limited to using the UIRT device to accomplish this? or can i use IR2PC (http://ir2pc.cjb.net/) or even build a similar UIRT device.

Many thanks for your support!!

Yes, we could do that for you.

Please email me at mike.c@promixis.com