PDA

View Full Version : Best way to launch WMP every morning-NOOB Learning Girder4

ronin99
January 12th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Hello.
I've been mucking around G4 getting used to the layout and structure. I am just trying to do some basic things to get used to it. I want to launch WMP every morning as an example.

So I see the WMP 9 and 10 gml file, and within it the actions under the Groups. I also looked at the Scheduler Examples gml file. What would be the best way to launch WMP daily? Should I create a group and actions under a new Schedule gml file and essentially copy the code that is under the WMP 9 and 10 gml file under the Start Group?

Also, I am a little confused about the order of the actions. And what I mean by that is if I look under the WMP 9 and 10 gml under Start group I see the 3 actions "Set focus", "Windows Exists" and "Start WMP". Can I just add the "Daily Schedule" action under the Start group and configure it? Does it execute each action as it sees it? And why don't they have a macro under the the Start group to contain these actions?

Sorry guys I am just a little unsure of what to do and what the best way to do it. I want to make sure my layout (groups, macros, actions, etc.) is done properly at the begining so that I don't have a huge mess at the end.

Thanks.
Rob

Ron
January 12th, 2006, 01:01 PM
As discussed:

Create a new GML.

In that GML add the daily schedule Action. Set the time you want it to trigger. Set the Event to StartWMP.

Then add a goto action and link it too the Start WMP action in the WMP gml.

Add an event to this goto with the eventstring StartWMP and Device the scheduler.

I have attached the GML that should come out of this.

ronin99
January 13th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Hi Ron,

Thank you for the reply and information. I really appreciate it. Still having a hard time learning this.

How do I get a series of actions to happen after the launch of WMP? I created a macro and tried to send a Shuffle command. Not working. Also, should I use a GoSub command to point to the Shuffle action in the WMP 9 & 10 gml file supplied with Girder?

I have attached the gml file you sent me with my attempts at additional actions.

Is there documentation on what the different Raw: commands do that are in the drop down list under Event Device: ?? I am not sure which one to pick when I'm trying different things.

Thanks.

Robert

Ron
January 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Looks like you need a puase in between File Execute and the Shuffle. Use the 'Wait' action for that. Ideally you'd target that to the WMP window, but for starts set the time to something larger then the time it takes for WMP to start on your machine.