PDA

View Full Version : Can you re-create this issue on your system?

mrbilll
January 17th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I have a recognized what I believe to be a problem. It is re-creatable, at least on my rig.

Here is how I do it. I create a new group. Then I drag the USB-UIRT action on to the group. What I get is a window as shown in the "newly inserted" attachment. In this window the browse button does nothing.

Now if I toggle the fields in the "Action" box to Control and back to Transmit I get a window as shown in the "after toggle" attachment.

Good news comes only after I shutdown and restart of Girder. But death is slow and has a tombstone as shown in the attachment named error.jpg.

Is this a bug?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Girder.
The USB_UIRT plugin is as when downloaded - version 3.2.1.
I am running Windows XP Pro. Patches up to date.

After the restart that particular action seems to work correctly.

quixote
January 17th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I cannot reproduce your error, but my "After toggling Action box" GUI box is messed up like yours. It is jumbled, however, functional here.

mrbilll
January 19th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks Quxote!

Now I need to get Promixis to chime in. What say you Promixis?

Ron
January 19th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I have sent Jon (the author) an email.

mrbilll
January 21st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks very much, but I'm confused.
Girder costs as much as Winddows XP and according to the Proximis web page it supports USB UIRT. Let me take a guess that the Jon who you are forwarding this problem to is Jon Rhees, who doesn't work for Proximis. If I understand correctly, Jon makes hardware and has donated a piece of code that works with Girder, way back when Girder didn't cost $100.

You see, I am trying to figure out of Girder is a product in good standing that I wish to spend time and money on. Common sense would suggest that my problem is being forwarded to Jon because we are in agreement that a problem exists. My confusion is to who owns the problem. My USB UIRT works just fine. I have no complaints for Jon Rhees. Yes, there may be a problem with his plugin, but does Proximis support USB UIRT products?

If I'm way off base, I would appreciate a correction. Thanks

Rob H
January 21st, 2006, 06:06 PM
and has donated a piece of code that works with Girder, way back when Girder didn't cost $100.

Not quite, no. Jon rewrote at least part of the USB-UIRT plugin for Girder 4.

BTW I can reproduce at least the visual part of the problem that you report. My workaround for this is to create one such action from scratch and then copy and paste that action. The visual mess doesn't then occur for me.

Promixis
January 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Thanks very much, but I'm confused.
Girder costs as much as Winddows XP and according to the Proximis web page it supports USB UIRT. Let me take a guess that the Jon who you are forwarding this problem to is Jon Rhees, who doesn't work for Proximis. If I understand correctly, Jon makes hardware and has donated a piece of code that works with Girder, way back when Girder didn't cost $100.

You see, I am trying to figure out of Girder is a product in good standing that I wish to spend time and money on. Common sense would suggest that my problem is being forwarded to Jon because we are in agreement that a problem exists. My confusion is to who owns the problem. My USB UIRT works just fine. I have no complaints for Jon Rhees. Yes, there may be a problem with his plugin, but does Proximis support USB UIRT products?

If I'm way off base, I would appreciate a correction. Thanks

Jon is the owner/author of the plugin.

mrbilll
January 21st, 2006, 10:04 PM
Yes. Thank you. After a great deal of time, I too realized that after shutting down Girder and restarting, cut and paste will work.

Above and beyond the bug. Please state the fact. Does Promixis support USB UIRT? Or does Promixis simply provide an API which may be used with ....anything?

Last I heard Jon is producing a public domain IR blaster. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Please. I am very open to discussion on this, and I think Girder is an important piece of work. I hate the fact that computers are really used in such a limited fashion, while there is still so much more potential. I want Girder to support the USB UIRT. I want Girder to be a useful tool to me. But, I have 15 days left on my demo. And for Promixis to state that Girder works with USB-UIRT on their website, while it is buggy, deserves a comment.

[/i]

Promixis
January 21st, 2006, 10:17 PM
Yes. Thank you. After a great deal of time, I too realized that after shutting down Girder and restarting, cut and paste will work.

Above and beyond the bug. Please state the fact. Does Promixis support USB UIRT? Or does Promixis simply provide an API which may be used with ....anything?

Last I heard Jon is producing a public domain IR blaster. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Please. I am very open to discussion on this, and I think Girder is an important piece of work. I hate the fact that computers are really used in such a limited fashion, while there is still so much more potential. I want Girder to support the USB UIRT. I want Girder to be a useful tool to me. But, I have 15 days left on my demo. And for Promixis to state that Girder works with USB-UIRT on their website, while it is buggy, deserves a comment.

[/i]

1. I have doubts Jon is going to release his work to the public domain.

2. Girder and USBUIRT work fine here. This will take some time to troubleshoot your issue.

3. We work cooperatively but as I mentioned, this is Jon's plugin, he owns it and the copyright. We have permission to distribute it only.

Ron
January 23rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
Dialog weirdness has been fixed.