PDA

View Full Version : MCE plugin question - IR receiving problem

ronin99
January 19th, 2006, 09:32 AM
I got the MCE plugin to work. It recognizes all the ir commands from the MCE remote as well as some of my other remotes like Toshiba and Sony. However it won't recognize ir signals from my Denon or my Bell ExpressVu remote.

What I mean by not recognize is that nothing shows up in the Logger. I tried using the MCE plugin to record ir commands from these remotes and it does work. I can play these files using the IR blasters and they behave as they should.

How do I get these newly learnt IR commands/files to be recognized in Girder/Logger like the MCE remote. Logger IE: Source - MCE Remote Plugin, Details - 16402

I tried the Add Remote wizard and have it learn the IR commands but It doesn't seem to learn it. I tried Event Mapping but I was unsuccessful. I guess I am just not sure what to do. I searched around and did the Debounce reg edit to see if that would worked. I tried using the default irbus.sys. Tried Bruno's mceir.sys and made sure it said 'MCE Infrared Remote Control' in Device Manager. Still no luck.

BTW: My Bell ExpressVu remote says 5.2IR on the back and it has 2 IR blasters on the front. Not sure if that makes a difference in compatibility or not.

Any help would be great.

Rob

Promixis
January 19th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Rob, did you change the device driver to the one released by burningzeroad?

ronin99
January 19th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah. I think I have it correctly installed.
Here is a screenshot of the driver details for MCE Infrared Remote under USB controllers in Device Manager.

ronin99
January 19th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I got this reply from Vinny Singh regarding this issue.
______
"Well... that's different I didn't try that scenario. I wanted to consolidate all my remotes to my ATI RF Remotewonder 1. I wanted it to emulate most of the MCE remote, plus the extra buttons would turn on projector and control volume, change vga inputs, change channels on the STB. I am using TWO mce tranceivers, one to work just like MS intended with MCE with MCE remote, just in case my ATI fails. The other, using the girder MCE plugin to IR BLAST my other equipment.

Just went and tested it, you are right, it does blink on BOTH my MCE devices, but things are only registered by girder if the IR comes from my MCE remote, OR the channel up and down for my cable box remote. Onkyo and aten vga remotes do nothing in terms of triggering an event. Hmm...

It is interesting that the MCE picks up the channel button from my motorola cable STB remote... During MCE setup, you have to teach it what STB you have, so there must be a way to "learn" other commands as well. "

Vinny
_________

Promixis
January 19th, 2006, 12:48 PM
There is no need to learn the commands. It seems that the other remotes are not generating an IR event that the plugin can work with. There is a long thread about this driver over on thegreenbutton.com.