PDA

View Full Version : Grider 4.0 / DNS Lookup bug

Alydar05
January 23rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Hello everybody,

I have bought Grider 4.0.1 & the NetRemote IR. I am new to this product & have alot to learn so I am not actually doing anything with it yet.

It basically just runs at Windows startup. After it runs a while, Windows IE will fail to be able to find web sites (though WiFi, which raises suspisions itself, but previously it would only fail once or twice a week). However, an nslookup in the command tool will find the site IE couldn't find. Now as soon as I exit Grider IE will be able to find the site again. I think there is a memory leak (but I have 4GB RAM!).

Unfortunately the event logs show no obvious sign of a memory leak & I neglected to try and methodically work through the cause of the error before I reset the ADSL WiFi thingamajig and the Windows WiFi Card.

Has anyone else had this problem? How to I tell Grider to trace a log without generating gigs a data?

Thanks.

Alydar05
January 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Hello everybody,

OK, it is not a DNS lookup failure, Girder killing the WiFi connection, or a memory leak.

What happens is after approximate 2 hours after booting:

a) IE can't find the Net anymore
b) Events logs show not bug.
b) It is Girder (or one of the plugins that autmatically get installed with Girder 4.0.1)
that cause the problem without a doubt
c) I seems somehow Girder has intercepted the traffic between IE & the Net because:
1) Everytime I start a new IE process Girder flashes red (normally it's gray)
2) Everytime I stop an IE process Girder flashes red
d) When I exit Girder IE & the net function normally again.

Best Regards,
Alydar

Ron
January 24th, 2006, 02:20 PM
The flashing is simply Girder detecting that you started/stopped an application, this is by design behaviour.

I have not heard of anyone having trouble with Girder and their network connection.

Remove all plugins and see if the problem persists, if not start putting plugin back in until the problem comes back.

Alydar05
January 29th, 2006, 02:30 PM
OK. I'll try that.