PDA

View Full Version : Another LuaMutex blocked (DUpanel.pas Action ToControls)

Mastiff
January 30th, 2006, 03:30 AM
I get this a lot on my newly installed DVD Server when waking up again from hibernation. It shows in the logger between a bunch of Comserver entries (5-6 computers up right now). Ron, I think this is related to the bug report I just sendt you by E-mail.

Ron
January 30th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Can you give me a detailed description on how to recreate this?

Mastiff
January 31st, 2006, 03:17 AM
I'm afraid not. At least not yet. Maybe after another 200 reboots...

Mastiff
February 1st, 2006, 10:59 AM
OK, now I'm scared! It just happened on the most critical computer in the house - the main server! Mrs. Mastiff's wake-up call, my own wake-up call, everything important, basically! :o What happened was that I just needed to add another action to a macro, and I double clicked the Script action in the action tree. Then nothing...for 20 seconds. Then the blocked mutexes appeared in the logger, and finally the script window opened. I wrote (slowly, something was definitively holding me back, and it wasn't my limited ability to write scripts) and then closed. WHen I tried to open the script again by double-clicking it, I just got an empty script windows (something I've seen before when this error happens - the script's there, it just isn't shown). It's bloody annoying that you can't copy error messages from the logger, btw. :evil: Here's a write up of what I see in the popup window when the mouse's hovering above the log entry:

At 15.57.22.282:
DUI Subsystem - Lua Mutex Blocked (DUPanel.pas SetCommand) 2
DUI Subsystem - Lua Mutex Blocked (DUPanel.pas ActionToControls) 2
DUI Subsystem - Lua Mutex Blocked (DUPanel.pas Destroy) 2

At 15.57.43.251:
DUI Subsystem - Lua Mutex Blocked (DUPanel.pas ControlsToAction) 2

At 15.57.54.969:

ANd finally at 15.58.00.110:

I have no idea what those things means, but I know that a while later I was able to open the scripting action normally, but there was nothing in it, so it hadn't saved the stuff I wrote (which only was one line anyway). And other commands worked as they should. Ron, time to put on that Yoda wisdom again! :wink:

I can also add that yesterday I had problem sending IR codes with the USB-UIRT on that computer, and after a few attempts Girder locked up. A restart fixed it, though. Still that's two errors in two days, which is extremely rare since that computer and the program installations are made to be indestructible!

Ron
February 1st, 2006, 12:43 PM
Tor, somewhere in your system a script is running away and getting stuck. All I can advise is to remove all code of your own and start putting stuff back.

Mastiff
February 1st, 2006, 05:36 PM
Ohmigod! :cry: We're talking a totally crazy amount of code, and the problem is that it takes a while before the problem arises! I have no idea how to provoce it either. Any advice? Is it possible in any way to see what scripts are running actively?

Ron
February 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Currently there is no way to see what scripts are running. I'll think about this to see if there is a way to tackle the debugging.

Mastiff
February 1st, 2006, 05:41 PM
That would be great! The weird thing is that I can't really think of anything I've changed recently. I think I'll try a full uninstall and reinstall...tomorrow.