PDA

View Full Version : Linksys media bridge with JRMC and Netremote

yp
January 31st, 2006, 04:15 AM
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1137451822026&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

Hi, I like to know has anyone tried the Linksys Media Bridge with JRMC and Netremote? How is the performance and any problems?

I want to use this to stream music to another room while still having JRMC control via Netremote.

Re
YP

Promixis
February 23rd, 2006, 11:02 PM
YP,

I would like to know if you tried this out... looks like a nice solution

yp
February 27th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I am in the UK, Linksys does not sell this product here.
waiting for mine to arrive from the US with one of my friend who will be coming soon so will let you know if it is worth the hassle...

yp
March 27th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Finally, I got this Linksys media bridge WMB54G.

This is the missing link for netremote for making multizone music system, where netremote has the control and Linksys transfers media to the destination.

The device was fairly simple to install and works very well, sound quality is excellent, when used with jriver media centre it allows for two zones; one remote with the media bridge and one local.

My only complaints are; no power switch on the device and I believe it only allows one bridge per PC unless someone produces some tricks to get more bridges per PC…

I am still experimenting with it so will report more later....