PDA

View Full Version : Options to send commands to DISH 811 receiver via uhf rf

windtrader
February 1st, 2006, 09:45 PM
Girder works great for all my IR and X10 command processing via a firecracker and UIRT2. I added a DISH 811 HD receiver a while back and have not yet found any girder plugin/hardware that enables girder to send a learned DISH command via uhf-rf. Has anybody integrated girder with any uhf controlled devices?

My own research and calls to DISH have me at a dead end. It seems the receiver does support IR but only transmits IR to control other devices such as VHS TV etc via the IR blast mode. It apparently only accepts uhf-rf commands to be controlled. Girder has integrated many IR transmitting devices but I can't seem to find any that transmit uhf-rf.

thx don

Promixis
February 2nd, 2006, 03:10 PM
Don,

I am not aware of any RF transmitters that would solve this.

Does it have a serial port?

windtrader
February 2nd, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Mike,

No serial ports. After skimming the manual again, I see a mention that the unit does have an IR sensor and IR Blasters. It says, "The INFRARED (IR) SENSOR receives IR signals from the remote control". In another section it says the 811 can teach a universal larning remote. The tech said it had to be a type that supported uhf, so I guess there are learning remotes that talk uhf. I think any IR sensor is there to support "passing through" IR signals from other devices.

I guess I'll make some more calls but maybe the practical (lowest hassle) solution is going back to an IR baed receiver. It is suprising that throughout Girderland, uhf integration is not more common, if at all.

thx don

Rob H
February 2nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
Does this link (http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=devices&br=dishnetwork&dv=dssreceiver&md=dish811&fc=&kw=&st=&ar=&dt=&so=&pg=1&file=ccf_templates/complete_system/stanley-brown_ccf.zip) help?

If that doesn't work then take a look at this (http://www.satelliteone.com/dish/support/12_16_03_b.pdf)

windtrader
February 2nd, 2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the help. It does seem the 811 receiver can accept IR signals. The confusion is the remote that ships with the 811 only controls the 811 via RF. There are other IR remotes that can control the 811.

I did try the teach remote method but the UIRT2/Girder plugin could not learn the IR code being blasted out by the 811. I'll fiddle with it some more but I'll probably just get a cheapy IR remote that supports the 811 and use that to get the codes learned into Girder. However, if the problem is the IR frequency is out of range of the UIRT2 then I'll be in a huddle again.

thx again, Don