PDA

View Full Version : Event on program crash

S1N3d dW17
February 2nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
When a background task crashes (opens an error report window), can that be used as a trigger? I want to display a message and restart the process when this occurs. Any advice?

Promixis
February 3rd, 2006, 07:03 AM
should be able to...

what kind of error message pops up? with the taskcreate/switch plugins enabled, do you see an event in the logger?

can you attach a screen shot?

S1N3d dW17
February 3rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
The error message is just the standard windows one (XXXXX has encountered a problem and needs to close). Taskswitch/create doesn't seem to throw an event for this message. I believe it's actually running another task, dwwin.exe, to show the message, but Girder does not pick this up.

Promixis
February 3rd, 2006, 09:39 AM
ok,

you could set up a timer that periodically checks for the presence of this window using the windows exists action.

you can do this in lua or from the action tree.

S1N3d dW17
February 3rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
That's what I'm probably going to do. It just doesn't feel like the "right" way to do it :wink: Thanks for your help.

Ron
February 3rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
Maybe task create or task switch picks up the creation of that window.... Make sure they are enabled and check the log when it happens for events related to this!

S1N3d dW17
February 3rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
I tried it, didn't see anything in the log :-?

Promixis
February 3rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
ok, you will have to poll every second or so. don't worry, thats very light cpu use.