PDA

View Full Version : Getting Audio from Girder PC to Home Stereo

Jim Doolittle
February 11th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in and I probably should be looking at other sites more dedicated to the subject of my qeustion but i wanted some ideas from NetRemote users. Specifically, MediaBridge users.

After months of using NetRemote Pro, I finally got around to playing with MediaBridge. I configured it with Windows Media Player and got it working on first try! But it is playing the music on my PC and I want the sound to go to my home stereo.

I use HomeSeer for my home automation activities and am using George Photakis' hsGirder plug-in so that HomeSeer and NetRemote talk to each other. With this setup, I can use HomeSeer for VR control of music and NetRemote for PocketPC control.

So now all I need to do is get the sound to my home stereo. I have read about different solutions. Some were on HomeSeer's message board but I am curious what some Girder/NetRemote users do.

jwilson56
February 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Maybe a bit more details... like how far between your PC and your stereo? Are you planning on using multiple zones down the road?

John

Jim Doolittle
February 11th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I need two zones: one for PC and one for home audio. The home audio is in our basement with a drop ceiling so running wires is not a problem.

The PC is have running HomeSeer/hsGirder runs MCE 2005 but has no capture card. I plan to add that later so my audio decision should take that into account unless I just run another set of wires later. Not sure how I would end up using MCE and NetRemote but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

jwilson56
February 11th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Still need to know the distance.... what inputs on your receiver (TOS, SPID or RCA only)?

John

Jim Doolittle
February 11th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Sorry. I had a more detailed reply but for some reason I am having trouble using IE with this board so I lost my post. My second attempt was not as detailed and I left out the distance. It is about 50 feet. My old AV receiver has RCA only.