PDA

View Full Version : Audigy2nx error on initialisation.

Babau
March 2nd, 2006, 04:21 AM
Hi all. Any time I start the plugin I get the error "Cannot find any remove control manager window." I'm guessing the issue is that it can't find the "Hidden window" that's briefly referenced in the readme. Does anyone know what that window is and how I can start it? What peice of Creative software is it specifically related to?

I'm running the latest build of Girder but I've also tried it with 3.3, same result. Hardware is the SB Audigy 4, remote is the RM-1500 and the IR receiver is the Creative one that has it's own seperate USB port. Can't find any version info on the Creative software but it came from the standard CD mailed with the unit.

Any help very much appreciated.

Promixis
March 2nd, 2006, 08:18 AM
It sounds like you need the standard creative software running. I don't have the hardware so don't know much more than that. ? email/pm the author?

tumzy
March 3rd, 2006, 09:18 AM
I've also been trying to get exactly the same remote from the audigy 4 to work but with no success. Done a long search through previous posts and tried heaps of things but i couldnt get anything to work. I've also tried the Creative Remotes plugin which gets the MidiInSysEx.dll (or something like that, cant quite remember) error that a few other people have had problems with.

So far what I have found is that the remote works with some sort of Midi Input so you need Midi Input plugin but checking with a program I found on these forums for Midi input it says that i dont have any Midi input devices. I rekon the problem has something to do with that but got no other clue at all what's going on.

Any help at getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

birty
March 3rd, 2006, 10:10 AM
if you download my plugin from http://www.promixis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=137872#137872 and then run the following code it should tell you if there are any midi input devices on your pc:

local min = Midi.In.New()
local n=min:PortCount()
print(n.." midi input ports")
local i
for i=0,n-1 do
print("port "..i..": "..min:PortName(i))
end

tumzy
March 3rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before but where do I enter the code. I'm still pretty new to Girder so I dont know too much about it.

birty
March 4th, 2006, 04:53 AM
create a scripting action and paste in the code. then run it and check the lua console