PDA

View Full Version : New touch tablet coming out this month- www.tabletkiosk.com

kurtlewis
March 9th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hi all-
Some of you may or may not know about these products- A company called TabletKiosk in Torrance, California has a very slick line of 12'1" super-slim touch-tablet PC's- Which run full winxp. Yes, they are touch-tablets and do not require a pen!
http://www.tabletkiosk.com/config/pc/viewCat.asp
I was speaking with the area rep and he let slip that they are launching a brand new smaller touch tablet by end of March- In a 7" screen version, and it will run xp.
All of their units have integrated wifi, etc. Price of the new 7" tablet will be under $1000. Although, i would have been happier to hear it is going to have an 8.4" screen (for those places where a smaller device is more handy, but not too small to be functional.)

I don't have any more details on the new product, but you are welcome to contact the rep directly for inquiries. He's very nice. If you live in the area, they have demo units at their Torrance office you can stop by and play with.

Martin
TabletKiosk www.tabletkiosk.com
386 Beech Ave, Suite 6
Torrance, CA 90501
martin@sandduneventures.com
Ph: 310.782.1201

-Tell Martin that Kurt sent you. I have no personal interest in this company, just passing on info that might be of some use.

Rob H
March 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM
I wonder if the new ones are based on the Origami project. I know that Samsung is releasing one soon too.

They look to be ideal for NetRemote - although I'm not sure if they have consumer IR.