PDA

View Full Version : HP 6315 - NR GUI not working properly and no Winamp radio

kurtlewis
March 9th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Hello promixis team- I need your help so I can decide on purchasing NR and Girder.

I am testing NR with my HP6315 ppc.
I installed an earlier version of NR cab (august 2005 build) and it worked totally fine, no issues. Only problem I had was, I could not get NR to show an option for winamp radio stations. I was also using the august 2005 version of mediabridge on my winxp pro machine (my server) for talking to the NR client.

so, I uninstalled everything and instaleld the recent Feb 22 distro of NR and Mediabridge.
Now, loading this new version on my 6315 (and using the standard pro gui) has issues with (1) loading reliably- sometimes it just hangs at loading NR - and -(2) there is still not option to list / view winamp radio - and- (3) the NR gui side-menus do not open correctly, they only slide out half-way and stick. Then I can't close them and I have to kill NR. I can't restart NR until I reboot my 6315.

what do you think guys, can you help me solve these problems? I thought (from reading other forum posts) that winamp radio listings were supported in NR?

ps- I also tried installing the special winamp-fix version of mediabridge which I found posted by one of the Promixis team members. No difference, still no winamp radio options anywhere in NR

Thanks in advance-
Kurt

Rob H
March 9th, 2006, 02:28 PM
The issue with animated frames is known about, and will probably be fixed next week

Ben should be back in a couple of days I believe - he's best placed to help you on the winamp radio issue.

kurtlewis
March 9th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Super- Thanks for the fast reply Rob-

kurtlewis
March 9th, 2006, 05:26 PM
update on the winamp radio issue:
I uninstalled the feb22 build of NR and re-installed the august '0s build. Now the gui works great and stability with the app is back. odd that an older build works better, even with the same ccf?

I went into winamp and created a new playlist from radio stations. Then I loaded the playlist in winamp, so it's active.

(using the NR Pro ccf)
If I go into NR now I will not see this new playlist in the library view.
If I go into the playlist view it shows all of the radio tracks, but they are expressed as numeric values. No station / track name info is carried over from winamp. But, I can pause / play and change 'tracks' 9stations).

So, this simply verifies that bi-directional communication between winamp radio and NR is possible, but it would seem that some further development needs to take place in order to make it useable.

I hope this helps- I would really like to use Winamp radio because it has all of the best stations and highest bitrates.
Video would be awesome too, but I might be pushing it here.... :P

Rob H
March 9th, 2006, 05:54 PM
The latest build uses an entirely new internal structure so it's only to be expected that some things won't work in quite the same way.

Ben S
March 11th, 2006, 08:06 AM
The animated frame issue is definitely something that we have to fix. I think I know what is causing it, and will resolve right away.

The WinAmp radio issue may be harder. The interface we are using to control WinAmp is not fully featured, and we've had to "hack" around some things to make them behave properly. I'll investigate in a bit. Most likely in a week or two after the next NR beta is out and stable.

kurtlewis
March 11th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks Ben- Could you expand on what interface is available now? I did not see any features / options in NR that was specifically for winamp radio (or any other radio, itunes, etc), just standard mp3's and playlists. Did you meant through Girder? I'm a bit new to your software.

Would you happen to know if there is another good alternative to winamp radio that works with NR? I'm only pushing for winamp since I have not found anything else that has as many station listings. Maybe JRMC? I was about to look at their software.

Anyhow, I look forward to the newer NR build. Keep up the great work, you guys are very dedicated to what you do and this type of support is what won me over to using your products.

FYI, I also noticed that in the latest build of winamp they have redone the entire structure for their radio stations, and added many new 'channel' providers. This means a ton of new content is now avail, might warrant building a specific page for control of it into NR.

kurtlewis
March 13th, 2006, 05:24 PM
just an update, I installed JRMC and managed to get radio stations in a playlist through to NR. Great that it works, unfortunate that JRMC's radio stations are a bit lame and the implementation of the add-to-playlist feature is a bit notchy.
I'm also still unable to insert URL's in MB's Radio tab and have them show up in NR. This may be due to the fact that i'm using an older build of NR (august '05) - I can't get the new version to run properly on my hp6315- pretty much hangs at loading NR.