PDA

View Full Version : serial IR reciever. how does xp recognize?

HellyHans
March 11th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Hi, I’ve built my ir receiver like this : http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/?partType=section&partName=circuit
Now my question is, how to I get XP to recognize that I got an IR on my serial plug?

I’ve verified in “add new hardware” and the only thing I saw there was “std Ir reciever cable using IrDA protocol” which doesn’t work

I can’t get anything to work via winlirc nor girder…raw codes come up with nothing.
Are there any special drivers for this to work??

I have checked in my BIOS and it has 3 options
UART 2 MODE: standard,HPSIR,ASKIR
IR FUNCTION DUPLEX :HALF,FULL
TX, RX INVERTING ENABLED: YES,NO

Do I change any of these options? Or I leave it on standard??

Your help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Philip
[/url]

HellyHans
March 12th, 2006, 12:57 AM
ok well i've done quite a bit of reading.. found the Igor plugin for my adapter and aware that i dont need drivers for this..
tested all my setup and came up with nothing.. so i thought to maybe recheck my plug... I put a DMM on there and noticed i'am not getting my 5v anymore when i connect me + and -
I tested this at the beginning and i was receiving 5v... but now iam not getting anything.. I've resoldered the whole adapter to new and still nothing..When i check my voltage on my output of my PC serial.. i get 10-11V
Whats going on?

HellyHans
March 12th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Ok, well never mind everyone... I got it all working.. I might be a noo, but I spent alot of time testing and reading..
The problem was my IR reciever... It wasnt working.. so i took another one out of my old VCR's nd everything is top shape!
Thanks anyways

Promixis
March 12th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Ok, well never mind everyone... I got it all working.. I might be a noo, but I spent alot of time testing and reading..
The problem was my IR reciever... It wasnt working.. so i took another one out of my old VCR's nd everything is top shape!
Thanks anyways

:D