PDA

View Full Version : very odd- girder 4 will not launch, any help?

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Hi all-
I just downloaded and installed G4 on my xp pro sp2 box. I have mediabridge and jrmc 11.1 installed, and have been using NR on my ppc to control MC via MB.

I decided it was time to install G4 and get down to business- but, huge surprise, after I installed G4 I went to launch it and no dice. The main G4 app screen comes up followed by a vb windows error box complaining about an access violation. of course, It kills G4 and it won't run. i've tried disabling AV scanners, and rebooting. no go- Attached is a screenshot of the error.
Please help, promixis gurus- I need my G4!

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 03:15 AM
ok- i did some troubleshooting, from the nature of the issue it felt like something plugin-related so I went to see what is loaded by G4 after an 'out of the box' install.
I took out all of the plugins from the girder\plugins directory and started G4 back up- it fired right up no problem!
so, now that I'm on the right track I added back in the plugins one by one, and narrowed it down to one dll in the plugins library- AudioMixer.dll

I'm using an Maudio Audiophile 24/96 card, since I'm not sure what your dll does might there be a conflict? I've attached the dll for your review. G4 fires right up without it.

btw, I noticed that G4 fires up out of the box with all plugins enabled- would it not be a better idea to have it initially start up with them disabled, and have the user just go and check the boxes for the ones they need? This way, if you check one and G4 crashes or doesn;t start, it would initially help narrow things dowm.... anyway, just a thought.

Promixis
March 14th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Hi, thanks for you patience.

We will look into whats up with this dll. Its a core plugin and should always work ;)

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Mike- if there is any info you need from me about my system, etc let me know.
I'n not running anything too odd-

What does the dll handle?

Now, my other issues -
1- I can't get NR ppc to talk to Girder. (august 05 build) If I set NR to G3 mode i get a box saying 'girder is there but it's not talking G3' - So I set it to G4 mode and nothing happens, NR won't connect. The server in G4 is on and MB is off.

2- I didn't realize it would be so difficult to get G4 to 'see' JRMC- It seems there is no clear path for integrating the two- I found a copy of MCIO.exe and installed it, not sure if it did anything. Frankly I'm so new with your products this seems like a huge challenge. -just my kind of project :)
Are there any notes for G4 on specifically interfacing properly with JRMC11? I have seen forum posts but they are for earlier versions of JRMC. JRMC's site is no help either.
If you know of any links to info please post if you have time.

Promixis
March 14th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks Mike- if there is any info you need from me about my system, etc let me know.
I'n not running anything too odd-

What does the dll handle?

Now, my other issues -
1- I can't get NR ppc to talk to Girder. (august 05 build) If I set NR to G3 mode i get a box saying 'girder is there but it's not talking G3' - So I set it to G4 mode and nothing happens, NR won't connect. The server in G4 is on and MB is off.

2- I didn't realize it would be so difficult to get G4 to 'see' JRMC- It seems there is no clear path for integrating the two- I found a copy of MCIO.exe and installed it, not sure if it did anything. Frankly I'm so new with your products this seems like a huge challenge. -just my kind of project :)
Are there any notes for G4 on specifically interfacing properly with JRMC11? I have seen forum posts but they are for earlier versions of JRMC. JRMC's site is no help either.
If you know of any links to info please post if you have time.

hi, start a new post on JRMC. This works with COM objects. Do you know any programing?

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Nope, I am mot a programmer- Just a systems and network engineer with a bit of web design and html knowledge. I'm sure I have my work cut out for me :)

Can you answer this? I'm just batting zero's with everything I'm installing- (pulling hair out)

NR Jan 2006 build won't run on my toshiba laptop. - trying to launch app fails saying 'mfc71.dll not found'
NR Designer latest build won't run either- fails with 'mfc71.dll not found' and 'registration.dll not found.

i'm totally baffled- These were fresh installs on my new laptop / running Windows MCE v1

Promixis
March 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
please download the latest NR 1.5 beta. This fixes a bug where the MS core foundation libraries are not present. Its in the NR forum.

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 10:51 AM
will do- thx

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM
-that's the same version i'm running w/ the issues... 1.5.1.60 - i re-downloaded, re-installed, same error..

Promixis
March 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM
-that's the same version i'm running w/ the issues... 1.5.1.60 - i re-downloaded, re-installed, same error..

please post in the NR forum so Ben will see this, on the NR beta thread.

Ron
March 14th, 2006, 12:27 PM
More info on the original bug report, I have ordered your sound card and as soon as that comes in I'll start the debugging.

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 01:03 PM
btw, i also have an m-audio audiophile 192 card- I swapped that one in to see if it made a diff- still same error.

On that note, since i'm building a very high-end pc- will I have issues once I get my $700 Lynx Two or Lynx AES16 card? (the sound quality of these cards is amazing)

Rob H
March 14th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Make sure that you are using port 20005. It might be best to use autodiscovery in NR.

Also, check that you don't have problems with firewalls.

kurtlewis
March 14th, 2006, 02:50 PM
yep- tried both standard and custom port settings / autodiscovery on and off.
no firewalls on my internal lan - the win32 client connects up fine running from my laptop (once I installed the mfc 71 files into the NR directory....)

Ron
March 20th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I have received that audio card built it into my pc and I don't get the crash :(

What version of the soundcard drivers are you using?