PDA

View Full Version : where can i get rs232 serial command

zendy
March 22nd, 2006, 01:40 AM
Hello i'm a newbie, can u point me to another forum or website which are provided the rs232 serial command for any device.
Sorry if this questions is kinda off topic, cause i'm getting frustrated to get the serial command for the device.

danward79
March 22nd, 2006, 02:32 AM
Your question is also quite broad! What is the device you wish to control, what version of girder are you using?

Every device is different, so you need to ellaborate a bit.

baretull
March 22nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Hi, I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm building my first HTPC and want it to control the volume setting in my surround amplifier via RS232. The shop I bought the amplifier from will provide me with the codes I need.

However I'm not sure what version of Girder I need. I'll be using Win XP, Xlobby, ZoomPlayer and Foobar2000, as well as USB-UIRT and perhaps an RF sender to control lights. I won't be using any server or any other "advanced" options I can think of. Will the Standard version at about $50 be ok for me? And can I upgrade to Pro later without buying an all new licence if my needs should change later on?

Promixis
March 22nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Hi, I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm building my first HTPC and want it to control the volume setting in my surround amplifier via RS232. The shop I bought the amplifier from will provide me with the codes I need.

However I'm not sure what version of Girder I need. I'll be using Win XP, Xlobby, ZoomPlayer and Foobar2000, as well as USB-UIRT and perhaps an RF sender to control lights. I won't be using any server or any other "advanced" options I can think of. Will the Standard version at about $50 be ok for me? And can I upgrade to Pro later without buying an all new licence if my needs should change later on?

Hi, to do serial, you need Pro.

Do you have a link to the device protocol. If so, post a new thread with a link to it and we will help you get going.

danward79
March 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
If you want the serial plugin you need the proversion.

What amp do you have? I know someone is working on the Denon amps serial protocol, and There is also a Yamaha plugin I know of.

danward79
March 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
:D Posted at same time :P

Promixis
March 22nd, 2006, 04:20 PM
:D Posted at same time :P

I believe if you look at the time, I was in fact faster :lol:

zendy
March 22nd, 2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah i'm sorry, i think i need the rs232 serial command for Panasonic Plasma :

50' TH-50PHD7WK
42' TH-42PWD7WK
65' TH-65PHD8WK.

If anybody have it, plz send it to me.

Thanx... :D

danward79
March 23rd, 2006, 01:00 AM
I have not seen a serial setup for a panasonic plasma. Maybe someone else would pipe in with one. However, in the meantime you should look for a protocol Specification Document for your screen(s).

As Mike suggested

Rob H
March 23rd, 2006, 04:47 AM
The protocol is documented in the user manual, at least for the 42" version - http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F001682.pdf

Although it does seem to be fairly limited, and there's no hint of any kind of feedback from the display.

baretull
March 23rd, 2006, 02:54 PM
Hi, to do serial, you need Pro.

Do you have a link to the device protocol. If so, post a new thread with a link to it and we will help you get going.

If you want the serial plugin you need the proversion.

What amp do you have? I know someone is working on the Denon amps serial protocol, and There is also a Yamaha plugin I know of.

Thanks for the fast response :) I have a Primare SPA-21. I need to upgrade the software before it can be controlled from the RS232, might be a couple months. I don't think anyone has posted the codes for that amp on the net, at least nowhere I've searched.