PDA

View Full Version : how to insert G4 weather images in NR pages?

kurtlewis
March 30th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I'm trying to build a page in NR that shows the vairious weather objects / images in new G4. I have looked through the NRD variable inspector- that's pretty straight-forward. I have inserted the text-based results in pages no prob, like for example, creating a frame that displays Sky: {Weather.Local.CurrentConditions.SkyDescription} Temp: {Weather.Local.CurrentConditions.Temperature} F

But, I can't figure out how to tack a small weather status icon next to it on the page. I'm sure it requires some specific call but I have been unable to locate the correct one either in the forums or in any docs.
Could someone post an example for me (Yes, I'm new to G4 and NR, but learning..)

Also, if I successfuly insert and show one of the weather status images will it refresh automatically as well?
I'd love to do some experiments with pop-up frames- for example, clicking on one of the above text lines showing current weather would pop open a frame that displays the 5-day forecast and sat image.

Promixis
March 30th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I don't think we are sending any icon data to NR. We do send the satelite image.

Sending the icon should be fairly easy - is that what you want?

kurtlewis
March 30th, 2006, 04:45 PM
exactly- I'd like to be similar to the NR stand-alone version that has been circulated around here (I think this was Marcel's work?)- where, you can have the same graphic weather images on your NR that show up on the G4 OSD.

I've attached the example but took some of the images out to keep size under 1mb- Would it be possible to just store the weather graphics in the NR httpd folder or root folder, serve the image locally, but have it be refreshed / controlled by G4?

you mentioned that it is possible to serve up the sat image- how is that done?

Promixis
March 30th, 2006, 04:56 PM
actually if you look at the NR Pro CCF there is a sample with the weather images...

kurtlewis
March 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks- that is in fact helpful. I did not have those ccf's when I downloaded NR.

However, there is nothing that I can see in the image variable for the 5-day forecast that will let you specifically choose a mini icon or large icon., animated or non-animated. I'm not readily seeing that, anyway.

Also, should the sat map animate? It shows as a static image in NR.